PLEASE don't kill bandits!!

Thok

Lydia and me were running past a group of 4 bandits walking towards Whiterun, and they decided to attack up when I could have taken them with bows and arrows from a distance http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/verymad.gif

Strangely, my Fire Atronach would not appear when I summoned it 3 times. There was a bandit mage in the group whom Lydia ran after we dropped the other 3.

Hah, wonder why the bandit suddenly went unaggressive...he didn't seem to have any calm effect going on. :huh:

He noticed some thing on the ground you had dropped and it somehow bugged him?

Strangely, my Fire Atronach would not appear when I summoned it 3 times. There was a bandit mage in the group whom Lydia ran after we dropped the other 3.

That could be because you tried to summon it too far. Try pointing at the ground near you when you summon. I think also there's a crosshair thing that indicates whether the location you're pointing at is too far away when you have the spell ready to cast.

Edited by chaoticaeon

That could be because you tried to summon it too far. Try pointing at the ground near you when you summon. I think also there's a crosshair thing that indicates whether the location you're pointing at is too far away when you have the spell ready to cast.

That sounds about right. I think the spell traps also use that crosshair thing: when red no good, but otherwise okay.

Maybe you guys are right ... that I summoned too far away. Whilst on the topic about the crosshair, its difficult to see during combat and seems to disappear when you have been detected whilst sneaking.

Any ideas on how to make the crosshair more visible during combat?