The Sunday Discussion - GamerPoets - YouTuber and creator of awesome tutorials

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #47784520. #47789580 is also a reply to the same post.

slongel wrote: You do a lot of work and barely get paid for it. Good job. Hope everything works out and you land a job doing what you love.
GamerPoets wrote: Thank you slongel = )

You have to do it because you love it. Just found out today that I lost about $4,000 on the year for the channel (expense-income+donations)... but it's "all good" = ) This year will be a good one... well they've all been good ones = ) .. this year will be in the positive.

I hope it will be in the positive, you definitely deserve it. All the time and effort you put into your work really does show.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #47784520. #47789580, #47789945 are all replies on the same post.

slongel wrote: You do a lot of work and barely get paid for it. Good job. Hope everything works out and you land a job doing what you love.
GamerPoets wrote: Thank you slongel = )

You have to do it because you love it. Just found out today that I lost about $4,000 on the year for the channel (expense-income+donations)... but it's "all good" = ) This year will be a good one... well they've all been good ones = ) .. this year will be in the positive.
siriaxis wrote: I hope it will be in the positive, you definitely deserve it. All the time and effort you put into your work really does show.

Appreciate it = )
It will be... I decided to be a nut and purchase a rendering machine and a NAS for a personal server to help speed up some steps that weren't necessarily necessary = ) Though I reached a point that I was over working myself and I needed to be able to cut some time off some technical steps so it was worth it the end... no crazy purchases this year. Just content creation and general maintenance.

Hey Michael! (and the Nexus crew :) )

So nice to read this interview! It is nice to kind of 'get to know' the person behind one of my favorite Youtube channels.

I enjoyed Paxton's Tale very much and I'm looking forward to the next episode. Paxton's background story is quite similar to that of a character I had just created, a few days before I found your series on youtube. It gave me good inspiration and I had a great play trough! That is quite some time ago now but I still return to watching Paxton's tale every now and then. Your tutorials were of great help when I started modding the game too.

I started playing around making my own mods about a year ago and together with Darkfox127's tutorials, your Dawnstar series gave me a lot of confidence.

Really, thank you for all your efforts and time spent!

All the best!

Congratulations on your Youtube anniversary. Three years is a good time. Your channel is one of the best out there for the Skyrim, Bethesda, and the roleplay community. Your top notch tutorials are very instructive and easy to follow; helpful to those just learning to mod and are an invaluable resource to those of us who just need a reminder of how to do things right. Your roleplays are immersive, entertaining, and engaging, and most important of all, because of their episodic tv show like quality, they are a huge inspiration to those of us who are youtube roleplayers as well, and they will continue to inspire us and drive us to excel with a similar quality while telling our own roleplay stories.

Again this channel is one of the best and I hope that it will have many more wonderful years to come. :) -Brian

Thank you for including GamerPoets in your Sunday Discussion series. In Oct of 2016, to coordinate with the release of Skyrim SE, I fulfilled a long lost dream of building my first gamerPC. I had been modding Fallout 4 on Xbone and very quickly became overwhelmed with the subtlety of NMM, SKSE< MO, STEP, and many other terms. Gopher got me started but when I failed the second time I discovered STEP and GamerPoets official video series. So many people try to make tutorials fun and interesting (Think MxR vs. Brodual) and I end up watching for 7 min before I get to the info I need. Michael really nails it. He is straight to the point and content only without all the extras. I found I could follow step by step and I really learned a lot. The Paxton series is top notch. The circumstances of his creation are horrible and I am glad that Michael found a healthy way to deal with trauma. long story short, I have really learned a lot from GamerPoets and really feel a part of something. He's right, the modding community is active, supportive, and thriving. Please remember to endorse and support your hardworking modders, YouTubers, and the Nexus for making all this possible. Cheers!

Nice to see this article...GamerPoets made a video for my mod a couple years back. Quality stuff and I could tell then he was dedicated towards making the best videos he could.

Was cool to read a bit more about him...

Favorite part and what I resonated with the most:

Some will say, “It’s the internet. It’s expected. It’s not real life. Deal with it” ..and other unpleasant variations of those statements on this subject… but no. It is reality. When people are online they are more true to who they really are than when you encounter them in person. Scum gets bleached. I don't bathe in a dirty tub.

Thanks.

In response to post #47793520.

Sanninha wrote: Hey Michael! (and the Nexus crew :) )

So nice to read this interview! It is nice to kind of 'get to know' the person behind one of my favorite Youtube channels.

I enjoyed Paxton's Tale very much and I'm looking forward to the next episode. Paxton's background story is quite similar to that of a character I had just created, a few days before I found your series on youtube. It gave me good inspiration and I had a great play trough! That is quite some time ago now but I still return to watching Paxton's tale every now and then. Your tutorials were of great help when I started modding the game too.

I started playing around making my own mods about a year ago and together with Darkfox127's tutorials, your Dawnstar series gave me a lot of confidence.

Really, thank you for all your efforts and time spent!

All the best!

Episode 32 will be the last episode in chapter 1 = ) So it's going to have some thought put into to it. It will then mark a shift in this character, at least temporarily, that was not seen in the rough draft.

Glad that the show could aid your playthrough = )

I am definitely considering picking back up Recreating Skyrim.... thanks for commenting = )

In response to post #47794255.

OpenWorldAddict wrote: Congratulations on your Youtube anniversary. Three years is a good time. Your channel is one of the best out there for the Skyrim, Bethesda, and the roleplay community. Your top notch tutorials are very instructive and easy to follow; helpful to those just learning to mod and are an invaluable resource to those of us who just need a reminder of how to do things right. Your roleplays are immersive, entertaining, and engaging, and most important of all, because of their episodic tv show like quality, they are a huge inspiration to those of us who are youtube roleplayers as well, and they will continue to inspire us and drive us to excel with a similar quality while telling our own roleplay stories.

Again this channel is one of the best and I hope that it will have many more wonderful years to come. :) -Brian

Just responded to your comment on the update video, too = )

I appreciate all the support my friend. Really means a lot.

In response to post #47795190.

daaaymeeon wrote: Thank you for including GamerPoets in your Sunday Discussion series. In Oct of 2016, to coordinate with the release of Skyrim SE, I fulfilled a long lost dream of building my first gamerPC. I had been modding Fallout 4 on Xbone and very quickly became overwhelmed with the subtlety of NMM, SKSE< MO, STEP, and many other terms. Gopher got me started but when I failed the second time I discovered STEP and GamerPoets official video series. So many people try to make tutorials fun and interesting (Think MxR vs. Brodual) and I end up watching for 7 min before I get to the info I need. Michael really nails it. He is straight to the point and content only without all the extras. I found I could follow step by step and I really learned a lot. The Paxton series is top notch. The circumstances of his creation are horrible and I am glad that Michael found a healthy way to deal with trauma. long story short, I have really learned a lot from GamerPoets and really feel a part of something. He's right, the modding community is active, supportive, and thriving. Please remember to endorse and support your hardworking modders, YouTubers, and the Nexus for making all this possible. Cheers!

Thank you for that daaaymeeon = )

You guys do a lot to inspire me to keep going whether you know it or not. It sure the Oblivion isn't the money lol. Thank you

In response to post #47795400.

Rayek wrote: Nice to see this article...GamerPoets made a video for my mod a couple years back. Quality stuff and I could tell then he was dedicated towards making the best videos he could.

Was cool to read a bit more about him...

Favorite part and what I resonated with the most:

Some will say, “It’s the internet. It’s expected. It’s not real life. Deal with it” ..and other unpleasant variations of those statements on this subject… but no. It is reality. When people are online they are more true to who they really are than when you encounter them in person. Scum gets bleached. I don't bathe in a dirty tub.

Thanks.

Honored to see you here friend = )
I actually did the video twice because I wasn't happy with the first one that I uploaded about Rayeks End when I started to learn more (and I could easily do a third lol.... not going to be doing any SE or FO4 mod tutorials until I figure out which manager I'll be using when Nexus and Tannin release what they are working on... after that point I may have to revisit the End = )

The creator of the first home mod that I really fell in love with (the letter and back story sold me before I even got to see the awesome interior... and it is awesome). It was one of the first mods that I ever installed.

=) Glad that part of the interview stuck out. One of the statements where I didn't hold back any... and thank you for commenting. Its appreciated.