The Sunday Discussion - GamerPoets - YouTuber and creator of awesome tutorials

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #47802070.

Doct1369 wrote: have you ever needed to find you're keys in the dark well that was what modding Skyrim was like before finding Michael of gamerpoets on youtube and a few others but this is all about him so i will not name the other guys here. :) his tutorials on modding are some of the best out there and can help everyone from the beginners to the seasoned professionals. modding has been more then a hobby for me in the pass few years i could not even think about playing Skyrim or any of the fallout games without mods. so thank you Michael and the Nexus for all of you're hard work.

You're quite welcome friend = )

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #47802570.

Beadinbluefox wrote:

Great interview! Great you-tube channel and awesome videos as well! Now if there was someone to make tutorials for us older folks (when I as growing up, computers needed big rooms, constant cold temps. and didn't hold as much data as my phone does now) who need help with some basic things. Most tutorials assume those watching actually know what we're doing, sadly I often have to fake it and just keep trying until I've either succeeded or messed it up beyond repair( just ask my msi gaming laptop that's being used as a paper weight at the moment lol) But seriously thank you Micheal for all your great videos and forgive any misspellings please.

=) lol I've had more than a few people curse me out for saying that I do things to slowly and treat them like they don't know what they're doing (you know... tutorials lol)...

I appreciate it friend = ) Thank you

In response to post #47810420.

Mondaiji wrote: You are doing a great job, thank you.
The Tutorials from GamerPoets and STEP are a great source of knowledge about modding Skyrim. I usually point people in need to your Channel, even from the place that could not be named.

Thank you Mondaiji = )

In response to post #47815385.

aaltair03 wrote: Great interview! GamerPoets is an awesome channel and Michael is a kind and caring soul, so it's nice to see him in the spotlight where he belongs :) If it weren't for GamerPoets detailed, meticulous tutorials I would have given up modding long ago. Thank you, Michael!
-Alicia

I know you! = )
Always good to "see you" Alicia. If it wasn't for support from people like you I would have given up a long time ago.

In response to post #47796960. #47797130 is also a reply to the same post.

villish wrote: I cannot tell you how many times Gamerpoets was my go to guy to get the help I needed in modding. I run 250+ mods on my classic Skyrim and almost 80 on SE, and all because Paul did the heavy lifting in creating his videos.

And as much as his videos are great teaching devices, he also tells a great story. I've been following my hero Paxton for months now.

Thank you Paul for all your hard work.

Eric
GamerPoets wrote: Paul's a good guy too :)
-Michael

Haha, sorry Michael. Of course I mean you.

Looking forward to the Oblivion RP possibly?

Thank you.

I am also very grateful and would like to say thank you to Michael and the GamerPoets Youtube channel. When I was switching to Mod Organizer for a fresh install of Skyrim and getting the game modded up again, GamerPoets' Mod Organizer tutorials were immensely helpful. Also, the tutorial on getting DynDOLOD working was excellent, very helpful.

And I always look forward to another episode of Paxton and Sawyer. I didn't realize how many hours it took to produce one episode. Appreciate the time and effort that you put into creating the episodes Michael.

As far as how much money Youtubers can make. Dave, an electonics engineer that does EEVblog, has a video detailing how much he makes. Quite interesting.

I'm late getting to this, but-

You are, hands down, the most thorough and organized tutorial creator!!

I recommend your tutorials to everyone that asks "How do I install...?"

You sound like a great guy and I couldn't agree with you more on paper books. There's something organic and traditional about them.

I have an e reader but it's not the same. Not even close.

Sorry about your experience and for the trolls.

We can't control how people treat us, but we can control how we respond to it.

Good job and thank you for sharing your talents with us.

Your lisp is great. When I hear you start talking, in one of your vids, I know I'm gonna walk away with some knowledge or a great story!

Keep it up, my man!!

In response to post #47796960. #47797130, #47824635 are all replies on the same post.

villish wrote: I cannot tell you how many times Gamerpoets was my go to guy to get the help I needed in modding. I run 250+ mods on my classic Skyrim and almost 80 on SE, and all because Paul did the heavy lifting in creating his videos.

And as much as his videos are great teaching devices, he also tells a great story. I've been following my hero Paxton for months now.

Thank you Paul for all your hard work.

Eric
GamerPoets wrote: Paul's a good guy too :)
-Michael
villish wrote: Haha, sorry Michael. Of course I mean you.

Looking forward to the Oblivion RP possibly?

Thank you.

Not possibly... definitely =)
It also means other RP's will stay pretty slow on release but it will be good for me to have more options when creating things. Hoping to start it by the summer.