New Female body

PrometheusTS

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey rants are ok .. After spending a fair bit of time mucking around with meshes just in Nifskope, I've come to the conclusion that the 3D team at Bethesda were a bunch of uneducated, incompetent, untrained monkeys! The meshes are a mess! Missing bones, missing weights, missing textures, overused, double used, triple used textures, parts all over the place in the UV map, just plain BAD modelling, Relying on the Normal Map to make a mesh look half decent because they were so pathetic at modelling, copy and past different bit's and pieces from here and there and just sticking them on a mesh (I know of one piece of BLATANT model/mesh theft, yes theft! but I'll refrain from starting an argument about it) ... End of Rant ...

I think the armpit problem they are referring to is here:

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc411/lrg1602/Skyrimage/pits.jpg

AH I planned to fix that part for later , I was more concerned about the seamlessy texture and fixing the weird shading ...

plus I dunno if is due to my models ( but I noticed somehow also on the vanilla body male model ) on shaded areas the modl has some sort of weird dark shininess , also if you go to look inside a place with fire and lights , and you look well from the dark side on the back for example I can see some weird little parkly reddish reflections that highlight somehow the seams of the model ... not sure if this is present also on the vanilla version but I guess so as I didn't change much the textures apart the seams in certain obvious regions and the breasts/ bottom...

Madcat thanks I am sending you the files...

Thanks to MrMino I coudl figure out the problem ...

I checked and reweightened the vertices manually in the problematic areas ... The problem was due to some kind of import export error , basically the envelopes show a weigtening that is not really present on the vertexes or very subtle , anyway just putting away those vertices to 0 of the unwanted bone influence envelope fixed the problem ...

Now that I have the models finalized I am open to any mofication that points to realism and balance , I think I will reduce a bit the muscles in the skinny version ( btw the skinny version of Vanilla looks unproportioned to me somehow ...

anyway , I may even reqork a bit the normals and textures ... anyway I will make later the covers for the models and when I have done them I will upload in both versions ...

If vertex index is identical between two meshes, you can copy-paste Skin modifiers between the two without anything happening. I've done it many times before in my rigfix mod.

You can even copy BS Dismember modifiers too.

I just looked at the meshes, and the vertex normals are turned on it seems. Go to the NiTriShapeData, find "Has Normals" and switch it to "no", as they aren't needed with object space normal maps.

If I do that in the nif tough the mesh looks weirdly dark ...

In NIFSkope or in-game?

EDIT: I just tested with normals off in-game and it's fine. I'm using a different body texture set though...

Normals should not be needed for object space normal maps. And obspace normal maps really should be used for body models because it reduces the number of potential sources for wrist / ankle / neck seams (namely ones caused by tangent space mismatches along the seams).

Also, the first suggestion for form refinement:

The under-breast crease is a bit too wide on both ends IMO.

.... aaaand I can't seem to find how to upload Supporter-level images :ermm: Can someone point it out? I have a visual aid but it's not quite suitable for general imageshare...

Also, I have a mod name suggestion for you...

"Prometheus's Sensible Polycount Female Body Replacer" :)

EDIT 2: Found it with some help from Buddah.

Here's the image

EDIT 3: Busy post... If you do solve the vertex normals issue on your end, make sure you change Num UV Sets from 4097 back to 1 or else the mesh will error on re-import.

what is the

The under-breast crease ?

While madcat gave an image to show an example, i feel the need to give a discription...

In essence, it looks like shes wearing a bra with a rather extensive amount of support... When shes clearly not wearing any at all.

Anywho, onto the real point i'm here... Are you still working with the original concept, that being the underwear? My question pertains to the string-ties of the bra, as if you extend the coverage down to about mid abdomin, you;d have a much more, historically contemporary style of underwear than we currently have in game.