Update 1.4 Beta on Steam

vianns

So i guess Skyboost doesnt work anymore?

That is correct, this will break Skyboost and TESVAL. But from what I'm seeing that is not a loss.

This patch brings a major performance boost. I am running on a i920 with a HD5870 at 1920x1080, 4xAA/4xAF, settings between High and Ultra. Previously I was getting 60fps most places, but the top of the Dragonreach stairs was around 38fps. Now I get 60 everywhere including the top of the stairs.

This is a much bigger improvement than I got with either TESVAL or Skyboost, which still weren't able to get my fps at the stairs up past 50.

EDIT: just tried on Ultra settings with 4xAA 8xAF, and I still get 60fps almost everywhere. The top of the stairs drops to maybe 55, by the inn in Solitude looking toward the palace drops to about 50, and Markarth is still pretty much solid 60fps. This is really impressive.

Edited by InAComaDial999

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the one thing I notice that seems to be a downgrade from the previous versions is that there is now a noticeable stutter on cell load. With the exact same ini settings, the 1.3.10 is almost completely smooth when sprinting across the countryside. However with the 1.4 patch, I get a pause on cell transitions that is fairly jarring.

Yeah, I gotta wait for SKSE to update too, I /need/ my FoV at 95.

I have my FoV set to 95 as well... but I'm not sure why you need SKSE for this? I just type fov 95 in console and I'm all set. Usually saves between loads, but sometimes I have to retype it.

interesting to hear it has helped someone with more performance than tesval or skyboost. i am telling you bethesda is lucky to have this community pinpointing stuff for them.

also glad they gave us a beta patch before full version.

we likely will not see a full on fix for skse or scriptyD until the ck and final patch is out.

i am definitely waiting until then.