Who do I give Dragon's Breath Mead to?

xeudon

A nagging woman in Dragonsbridge sent me on a quest to fetch a bottle of Dragons Breath Mead, and now I have to decide whether to give it to her (for 500 or 600 dollars) or to her poor husband (for a point of Block skill). That's an easy decision, it depends on whether I need the skill point or the money more. *But* the game says "quest failed" if I give it to the husband, and the quest succeeds if I give it to the shrewish woman.

Are there any hidden "quest points" granted for successfully completing a mission, like there was in Morrowind (and I think in Oblivion too)? I'd rather give the bottle to the poor husband, but not if I'm going to miss out on a quest point.

Thanks in advance,

XTC

It's gold septims, not dollars, you damn american:(. So brainwashed with your unfounded superiority complex you can't even fully enjoy the immersion provided by a game like Skyrim.

But anyway, I digress...you haven't mentioned your platform, if you're on a console then yes, I do believe there are achievements related to quest points but I'm sure such a minor sidequest wouldn't make a difference. On PC there is no such issue.

• 2 weeks later...

It's gold septims, not dollars, you damn american:(. So brainwashed with your unfounded superiority complex you can't even fully enjoy the immersion provided by a game like Skyrim.

I'm sorry for referring to Septims as "dollars". It's true that my fellow Americans suffer from a completely unfounded and indefensible "superiority" complex, even though our founders insisted on equality for all, and that principle of equality is written into our constitution, our declaration of independence, and many other fundamental legal documents. No doubt some of that fake superiority has rubbed off on me.

I would also like to apologize for every other American who has ever thoughtlessly referred to Septims (in the game) or any other currency (in real life) as "dollars".

Actually I must admit that that American superiority complex is a worse problem than you might think at first. It has caused us to invade other countries, destroying their culture and imposing ours, justifying it by imagining that we are "liberating" them. We shoot them, bomb them, and say it's helping them. It has also caused us to destroy the habitats of plants and animals, which also destroys them in the process, and impose hotels and shops, imagining that that is an "improvement" on nature and natural resources.

I am appalled by the unthinking, callous, destructive behavior of the majority of my fellow Americans. And yet I am not free of that attitude myself, having been brought up in that country. Many thanks for pointing that out. It reminds me that there is further work I need to do on myself, to make myself into a better person.

Xeudon

I'm pretty sure some of our brethren gamers in Germany call them Euros or Marks out of habit. So... yeah, I think you should do what you think is right or honorable or whatever code you (your character) operates by. Who cares if you "fail" a side quest. It's your character and if really bums you out that much, make a hard save, start a new game with a new character and have that character do the opposite of what you originally did.