xbox 360 controller question

Cyngen80

Greetings,

I'm sure there's many of these threads and I'm sorry for creating another one, however I have a question in regards to it that I'm hoping someone here could help me.

I have had both my shoulders fused and playing with mouse and keyboard can be difficult and quite painful at times due to having difficulty rotating my wrist. I was happy with Skyrim because I could use a controller and enjoy the modding community. I've recently finally downloaded Oblivion for the PC and have been searching for a way to use the 360 controller with it and enjoy the mods. Obviously I could wait until Skyblivion to make it's way to the Nexus site, but there's no real idea when that would come out.

Now through my search and looking over the two mods that are here on the nexus I noticed that there's some inconsistencies with getting the controller to work properly with Oblivion. So I am hoping someone could point me in the direction of where I might be able to find something that would help me fully enjoy Oblivion with my controller?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided,

Cyngen

I have a few mangled fingers, so I do understand. I used Pinnacle Game Profiler (the link is to the products website) and an XBox 1 Controller. I seem to remember that there is a free version which is limited, and a "pay for forever support" version that is (I think) $5 USD. The developer is very helpful too.

Edited by PoorlyAged

Xpadder can be used to customize any keyboard only games for a controller. I think there is trial free version somewhere but I don't have the link. There are also some ini tweaks for optimizing this for Oblivion that you will be wanting to implement. Check out the modder LegoManIAm - I think he had something regarding this but I can't seem to find it right now myself, sorry.

And personally I can't stomach keyboard only games and will use xpadder exclusively if I need to simulate keyboard for an older game.

Thank you for your replies to my post. I had been digging into this topic every since posting it and I think I found something that will work perfectly, provided if I've read this correctly. ( lol )

Any way the Steam Controller sounds like it will work just fine and may even work for Morrowind which I've also recently downloaded. Here's a tidbit on it "Experience a new level of precise control for your favorite games. The Steam Controller lets you play your entire collection of Steam games on your TV—even the ones designed without controller support in mind."

And a link here, http://store.steampowered.com/app/353370/

Hopefully I'm not wrong about this. A little more expensive than your options which I'm looking into, but it is at least hope for people who have disabilities or just can't get use to playing without one. :smile:

Thanks again for your input and suggestions!