1.4 Beta and Update.esm

JBear61

The 1.4 beta patch works great on my computer and game, increased framerates and all. So I decided to try mods with it, so I checked some in and now I can't remember if there was a check in the box for Update.esm in the mod manager. If someone who is trying the beta and hasn't added mods yet would look in their mod manager and see if there is a check in the box for Update.esm or not and let me know I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

I've played the beta last night with the update.esm checked. I only have a few mods running in my game; a few extra items and tytanis.

Only had a few freeze and audio issues running the game but that could be due to a slight instability with the beta version of SKSE according to the thread in general discussion. It sounds like people who run it without SKSE have little issue.

Otherwise the beta patch has been an improvement. I'm assuming the final patch will be more stable.

@JBear61

I'm using the mod manager witthout a check at Update.esm

But I have a little question too.

Currently I'm using Patch 1.3.10 and some texture mods (only texture mods, about 15) are activated like Flora Overhaul, Serious Retexture and so on.

Now I want to install the beta Patch 1.4.

Is it necessary to deactivate all my texture mods if I want to install the new patch or can the mods be active while installing the patch?

Edited by SkyrimNexuss

texture mods do not matter. to be clean it is best to uncheck all the actual esp mods as well as swapping out the scripts you have in scripts folders (asi,skse>plugins and scripts> then save clean 1.4 then reapply mods and scripts.

I still have no idea about update.esm I have never had it checked and asked a while back about it with no answer.

I've played the beta last night with the update.esm checked. I only have a few mods running in my game; a few extra items and tytanis.

Only had a few freeze and audio issues running the game but that could be due to a slight instability with the beta version of SKSE according to the thread in general discussion. It sounds like people who run it without SKSE have little issue.

Otherwise the beta patch has been an improvement. I'm assuming the final patch will be more stable.

Thank you! I have been running with the beta skse, and have seen no ill effects, so I thought I would just add some mods to see if anything shakes loose. At the infamous Dragonreach steps getting a full 5 fps over skyboost, and over 10 fps over vanilla 1.3 In houses and dungeons am getting 10 to 15 fps above skyboost readings through fraps. Did the beta replace your .ini files? Mine are the same, but some people are saying their .ini is different after the beta installed.

texture mods do not matter. to be clean it is best to uncheck all the actual esp mods as well as swapping out the scripts you have in scripts folders (asi,skse>plugins and scripts> then save clean 1.4 then reapply mods and scripts.

I still have no idea about update.esm I have never had it checked and asked a while back about it with no answer.

So its better to deactivate all the texture mods while installing the new patch to be on the right side?! I'm asking cause I don't want to have big trouble with mods an patches!

Thank you! I have been running with the beta skse, and have seen no ill effects, so I thought I would just add some mods to see if anything shakes loose. At the infamous Dragonreach steps getting a full 5 fps over skyboost, and over 10 fps over vanilla 1.3 In houses and dungeons am getting 10 to 15 fps above skyboost readings through fraps. Did the beta replace your .ini files? Mine are the same, but some people are saying their .ini is different after the beta installed.

My .ini file hasn't been changed.

So its better to deactivate all the texture mods while installing the new patch to be on the right side?! I'm asking cause I don't want to have big trouble with mods an patches!

I didn't uninstall anything, just unchecked mod esp's. Apparently the texture files actually have no bearing on the scripting/programming. Only the esp's have a possibility to affect anything. Started new game though, and everything works great so far. (Haven't tested with mod esp's activated yet) I am preparing to do that momentarily and will give update on the situation later.

Edited by JBear61