Is there any Fallout Lore about New Jersey?

joshua121

I'm thinking of making a mod where one can travel to the Jersey shore, around Asbury Park, and Ocean Grove...

I just wondered before I really get into it, if there is any pre-existing lore for the area. I can't seem to find any though I've done quite a bit of googling.

Not officially, unless you consider rumors in DC about the Commonwealth "Up North" to be somewhere around Jersey. Actually I kind of do. Manhattan, Jersey, Long Island, and with territory extending up to the Great Lakes and beyond, New England, Ontario, and Quebec make up the Commonwealth. Manhattan and Long Island are most likely soverign entities like New Vegas, only in much worse shape after the war to the point they're probably mostly bombed out harbors in the timeline of the Fallout Universe.

This is of course, mostly speculation, but that's the closest you're going to get at this point.

In the truest spirit of the Fallout universe, expect Jersey to be a chemically polluted and nuclear bombed wasteland... basically like it is today, times 10, plus nuke craters and (more) radiation (than there is currently). Places like Love Canal would be very frequent, and lots of pre-war propaganda all around talking about "Come Smell What Jersey Is Cooking" right next to a giant stink-hole of pollution.

====

If you do make an area representative of the Jersey shore, make sure to have a Wild Wasteland encounter with an orange midget.

You know what I'm talking about, don't lie.

Edited by Jeoshua

Thats hilarious man, so if understand correctly. If I were making Newark or Camden I could basically just rebuild it as it is now.

It very much fits with what I wanted to do....

Thanks very much for the feedback.

lol

Reminds me a post I read after the Virginia earhquake last year. People were saying 'hey, I felt it in Baltimore', 'hey I felt it in North Carolina'.

One guy chimes in and says

"I just flew in to Detroit on business, so I didn't feel it, but you can see it pretty clearly impacted the area near downtown. It shook a few houses to the ground, it left immense cracks in the streets, and I can already see looting going on."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

lol

Reminds me a post I read after the Virginia earhquake last year. People were saying 'hey, I felt it in Baltimore', 'hey I felt it in North Carolina'.

One guy chimes in and says

"I just flew in to Detroit on business, so I didn't feel it, but you can see it pretty clearly impacted the area near downtown. It shook a few houses to the ground, it left immense cracks in the streets, and I can already see looting going on."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's awesome, I have a friend from Detroit, and that'ss basically a cleaned up version of his description.

On the little orange midget note, If I do a Jersey mod those dumb%*&@$ will NOT be in it. Haha, unless they're corpses. That might be kind of funny to have a a dismembered skeleton named "The Situation".

If you do this mod and make deep craters, you can give your mod the illusion of a bigger size than it really is. Skyrim does this with mountains - big mountains makes the world seem more immense than it actually is. :thumbsup:

I would love to do this mod, but I would really have to get together a team to do it. I would need custom building models and someone who can actually do LOD, not to mention a whole host of other things. NOT to say that I won't, in fact I've already started, but I don't know if I'll be able to find the help I'll need to see it through.

Just a note on the Commonwealth. It's from the Vault Wiki so as always complete accuracy is questionable, but it suggests there that the Commonwealth is in Massachusetts, and that the Institute, the center of the Commonwealth, is likely the evolution and rebuilding of MIT.

/it makes sense, I suppose.

• 3 weeks later...