Tips on race to choose please

Mathijsvdb

Hi,

I want to know your opinions on what is a good race for starting a character who uses one handed with shields and archery.

I was thinking about taking a khajiit, but I don't like the pickpocketing bonus and racials.

Maybe a redguard?

Does it actually really matter what race you choose? Or aren't the differences noticeable as you level your character?

Thanks!

Hi,

I want to know your opinions on what is a good race for starting a character who uses one handed with shields and archery.

I was thinking about taking a khajiit, but I don't like the pickpocketing bonus and racials.

Maybe a redguard?

Does it actually really matter what race you choose? Or aren't the differences noticeable as you level your character?

Thanks!

Argonian! It really doesn't matter much later in game. Just pick what you think looks the best.

Hi,

Maybe a redguard?

Thanks!

Honestly, it really doesn't matter in the end, with the exception of the resistances and the racial abilities. I have yet to play as a Khajiit, or a Redguard.

From the starting stats, though, Redguard looks like the best option. They get a bonus to archery, one handed and blocking.

If you are still undecided, take a look here.

If you are still unsure after that, you could always roll a die. :P

Edited by IndorilTheGreat

i second that it really doesnt matter what race you choose. the racial skill bonuses are just starter stats, every character can achieve the same levels of skill via using them or paying a trainer.

you need to consider the magical abilities each race gets, but even then, only high elf provides a strong role/class dispostion toward magic.

in my opinion, the orc power, berserker rage, is the best for any melee character, even rogues/assassins. i find the nord power, which scares away enemies, is good for an archer build, this also is true for imperials, but to a lesser extent. bretons are kinda meh, because, tho the magic absorb can be powerful, it useless against melee attacks which are the clear majority in the game. dark elves are also pretty universally good, just a AoE DoT centered on themselves, great for taking down large ammounts of melee attackers.

ive found the kajit powers useless novelties, the argonians get a fast health regen buff, and redguard get a stam regen buff.

the wood elves have the most useless power, which is to charm an animal for 60 seconds.

most of these powers come down to personal taste, as they can all be used differently depending on the situation.

Argonian! It really doesn't matter much later in game. Just pick what you think looks the best.

Hilarious! I was just thinking how useless waterbreathing is in this game and thus Argonians. Swimming is way too annoying and water combat is impossible.

Argonians look like funny mods added to the game as a bad joke, maybe there to fight Spiderman mods.

i wouldn't dis bretons, melee skills are easily gained while the resistance combined with a single good resistance item means you can wade through casters fireballs fairly early on without getting wasted.

The downside is that they are the shortest and apparently melee damage run speed and jump, scales with height (nord and high elf are tallest), though there is a command to change character height.