Don't call me settler news?

crazysam10

I wanted to ask if anyone had any news on DCMS. I learnt about a month or two ago it had gotten hidden due to it eventually breaking down and causing issues. Luckily I'd never had any of those issues so I hadn't checked on the page much until I saw someone mention it on the comments for another mod and I've since disabled it until it's fixed.

But what I'd like to know is if anyone has any news on how this fix is going, or if there is anywhere to find out. Since it went down I was searching around for any information but all I could find was the reason why it was hidden and not any news on how the fix was going. I'm more than happy to wait for said fix, it's just a bit of a bugger being left in purgatory not knowing what's happening with the mod at the moment. So if anyone does have some information on it, it would be grand, if not then I'll just have to go back to waiting and checking the page every other day.

Given the amount of vitriol the misinformed users heaped on him in the comments section before he hid it, I would not be surprised if a1 just decided to take a long break to get away from the hate. I certainly wouldn't fault him for it, as the average fallout 4 mod user behaves only slightly better than the average youtube commenter.

• 1 month later...

Hello

What was the problem that was happening ?

I know its off topic, but was just curious. I hate when wonderful mod makers get heat from idiots. They take their time, make a wonderful piece of art, and then unappreciative people ruin it for everyone.

there is a new mod called Immersive Settlers that renames settlers but doesn't have all the extra functions of DCMS but does give new settlers names if that is all you are after.

it hasn't been out long enough to see if it causes similar issues with saves, but given how often Nexus users add and remove plugins part way through the game, and how no 2 players have exactly the same mods installed in the same order, can a game breaker deep in a save really be purely the fault of any one mod?

there is a new mod called Immersive Settlers that renames settlers but doesn't have all the extra functions of DCMS but does give new settlers names if that is all you are after.

it hasn't been out long enough to see if it causes similar issues with saves, but given how often Nexus users add and remove plugins part way through the game, and how no 2 players have exactly the same mods installed in the same order, can a game breaker deep in a save really be purely the fault of any one mod?

Mh, for me, it was exactly these extra features why I installed DCMS. Especially the corpse burning, since it could remove these respawning and/or hard-to-move corpses in places like Taffington Boathouse and those annoying skeletons in the Drive-In settlement.

Though I guess I will have a look at Immersive Settlers, them having names is still a nice touch.