SSE CTD on Save After Hours of Gameplay

squireoivanhoe

M

I have been having a seemingly identical issue, it happened ever since I rolled back from the new SE update. It seems to be retroactive for some reason affecting all files with SkyUI installed, which makes little sense if it's a script issue. I do, however use Warzones 2015 which is relativly script heavy, and my build relies on the ritual stone to revive large amounts of enemies to fight for me, so guess that would make sense. I tried re-updating to the newset version, and load the save both with and without SkyUI to no avail.

I'm not really sure if it's a coincidence that this happened right after rolling back from yesterday's(3rd of April 2018) update. It happened on my 97th save, approx. 120 hours of playtime. Since it seemingly only affects the saves I made after installing SkyUI, I would assume cleaning the saves of any SkyUI data would help. Problem is, I'm not really sure how one goes about doing that though. Hope it helps.

Edit:

It is worth mentioning though, my charcater recently died in apocrypha which means he respawns where he was before reading the black book(doesn't actually kill you), as I recall it from yesterday, I tried reading the book again, and my game froze, the bug happened ever since.

Edit2:

So I reinstalled SkyUI and now I got some Juicy errors:

https://imgur.com/a/oAcGX

I finally found a fix for my case(though I think this fix only works for my case, I didn't see SkyUI in your load order); I've been noticing that whenever I ran the game SkyUI was automatically disabled, so I re-installed it through NMM and just didn't touch the load order at all. Guess what, it worked. I can finally save.

Makes sense. These symptoms showed up in oldrim if you had mods that required a newer version of SKSE than the one you were running. Getting everything back up to date will probably fix it for you.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

M

I have been having a seemingly identical issue, it happened ever since I rolled back from the new SE update. It seems to be retroactive for some reason affecting all files with SkyUI installed, which makes little sense if it's a script issue. I do, however use Warzones 2015 which is relativly script heavy, and my build relies on the ritual stone to revive large amounts of enemies to fight for me, so guess that would make sense. I tried re-updating to the newset version, and load the save both with and without SkyUI to no avail.

I'm not really sure if it's a coincidence that this happened right after rolling back from yesterday's(3rd of April 2018) update. It happened on my 97th save, approx. 120 hours of playtime. Since it seemingly only affects the saves I made after installing SkyUI, I would assume cleaning the saves of any SkyUI data would help. Problem is, I'm not really sure how one goes about doing that though. Hope it helps.

Edit:

It is worth mentioning though, my charcater recently died in apocrypha which means he respawns where he was before reading the black book(doesn't actually kill you), as I recall it from yesterday, I tried reading the book again, and my game froze, the bug happened ever since.

Edit2:

I finally found a fix for my case(though I think this fix only works for my case, I didn't see SkyUI in your load order); I've been noticing that whenever I ran the game SkyUI was automatically disabled, so I re-installed it through NMM and just didn't touch the load order at all. Guess what, it worked. I can finally save.

Makes sense. These symptoms showed up in oldrim if you had mods that required a newer version of SKSE than the one you were running. Getting everything back up to date will probably fix it for you.

I've spend something like 20-30 cumulative hours on solving this. I still can't find a fix. Everytime I fail it breaks my heart. I'm tired.

If I revert back to old saves, I will get crash when I play same amount of time, the CTD will catch up with me.

Technically; around 1250-1260th saves on my game are always CTDs. (if I play with less saving I still get CTD around the same gaming progress that equals 1250 save.)

So I'm guessin it's not actually a script/mod issue. More like SkyUI/Skse related things.

It feels like a stupid Skse bug that's actually easy to fix but no one actually knows how because they always blame mods.

We

M

Edit:

Edit2:

I've spend something like 20-30 cumulative hours on solving this. I still can't find a fix. Everytime I fail it breaks my heart. I'm tired.

If I revert back to old saves, I will get crash when I play same amount of time, the CTD will catch up with me.

Technically; around 1250-1260th saves on my game are always CTDs. (if I play with less saving I still get CTD around the same gaming progress that equals 1250 save.)

So I'm guessin it's not actually a script/mod issue. More like SkyUI/Skse related things.

It feels like a stupid Skse bug that's actually easy to fix but no one actually knows how because they always blame mods.

Well, these symptoms can definitely occur without skse, since it ultimately boils down to script engine failure, which can be caused a couple of different ways. I don't use it or any dependent mods, since it is technically still in alpha, and I don't trust alpha builds, and I am the original poster of this problem. That being said, it could still be an skse bug, or a combination of the two. Did you try the previously discussed fix, and if that failed could you post your modlist?

We

M

Edit:

Edit2:

Well, these symptoms can definitely occur without skse, since it ultimately boils down to script engine failure, which can be caused a couple of different ways. I don't use it or any dependent mods, since it is technically still in alpha, and I don't trust alpha builds, and I am the original poster of this problem. That being said, it could still be an skse bug, or a combination of the two. Did you try the previously discussed fix, and if that failed could you post your modlist?

Before openin the spoiler tag hold on to something. Like I said in a previous post, I have many mods but my game is stable AF (other than some citizens acting crappy possibly due to a mod conflict that I didn't want to fix) capped at 60fps and this isn't my first run.

Now that Skse64 updated my game is officially dead. Says ''Skyrim has stopped working''. I am tired of this s***, maybe I'll try reinstalling Skyrim next year.

I am not sure if that fix would work me, since I am using MO2 and I don't have any issues with SkyUI.

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

ccbgssse010-petdwarvenarmoredmudcrab.esl

ccbgssse014-spellpack01.esl

ccqdrsse001-survivalmode.esl

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp

Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm

ApachiiHair.esm

Campfire.esm

BSAssets.esm

BSHeartland.esm

BS_DLC_patch.esp

arnima.esm

Falskaar.esm

Gray Fox Cowl.esm

ETaC - RESOURCES.esm

RE_RealEstate_Core.esp

Sneak Tools.esp

ApachiiHairFemales.esm

RE_RealEstate.esp

Real Estate USSEP Patch.esp

Cutting Room Floor.esp

EnhancedLightsandFX.esp

ELFX - Exteriors.esp

ELFXEnhancer.esp

unofficial skyrim survival patch.esp

Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp

KS Hairdo's.esp

DawnguardDarkAlly.esp

SkyUI_SE.esp

AMatterOfTime.esp

Customizable Camera.esp

UIExtensions.esp

AddItemMenuSE.esp

LeafRest OnePiece.esp

RiverwoodHuntingCabinSE.esp

SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp

MajesticMountains.esp

MajesticMountains_Moss.esp

SunDaytimeNorth_MM_default.esp

Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp

Better Dynamic Snow.esp

Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp

archSaveHotKeySE-MCM.esp

RaceMenu.esp

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

QuickLight.esp

Player Size Adjuster.esp

DungeonQuestAwareness.esp

Skyrim Immersive Creatures Special Edition.esp

dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp

LvxMagicks-CampfireUnleashed.esp

Tentapalooza.esp

Campfire BDS Patch.esp

Survival Mode - Campfire Patch.esp

Realistic Haircolors.esp

FNIS.esp

FNISSexyMove.esp

FNIS_PCEA2.esp

dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp

BVLT - Human.esp

XPMSSE.esp

TKDodge.esp

TKRecoil.esp

HitStop.esp

360WalkandRunPlus-RunBackwardSpeedAdjust.esp

Clockwork.esp

WheelsOfLull.esp

LegacyoftheDragonborn.esp

BooksOfSkyrim.esp

BecomeABard.esp

TERAArmorsSSE.esp

TeraArmorsSSE Leveled Lists Rare.esp

TeraArmorsSSE RARE USSEP Patch.esp

BGCollectables.esp

Legendary Skyrim Crossbows.esp

LADX_SSE.esp

Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp

Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp

Unique Uniques.esp

Vigilant.esp

Vigilant Voiced.esp

moonpath.esp

JRMoonpathtoElsweyrPatch.esp

ArtifactsOfBoethiah.esp

Artifacts.esp

WZOblivionArtifacts.esp

Mystic Condenser.esp

Mystic Condenser - USSEP Patch.esp

StagPrinceBow.esp

WZTamrielic Culture.esp

Bloodworm.esp

MoonAndStar_MAS.esp

Ish's Souls to Perks.esp

SkyrimsUniqueTreasures.esp

Dawnguard&VolkiharArtifactsQuests.esp

IceBladeOfTheMonarch.esp

Fossilsyum.esp

ZIA_Complete Pack_V4.esp

Zim's Improved Dremora.esp

Bloody's Nettlebane Patch.esp

Book Covers Skyrim.esp

goodbrother.esp

GPProvisioning.esp

SAFO.esp

SAFO - Survival Overhaul.esp

SkyrimIsWindy.esp

WondersofWeather.esp

Rustic Weathers And Lighting.esp

Rustic Weathers - Presets.esp

DarkerNights.esp

DarkerNights-BeyondSkyrimBruma.esp

Obsidian Mountain Fogs.esp

LightngDuringStorm.esp

PrvtIRoyalArmory.esp

DiverseDragonsCollectionSE.esp

Elemental_Dragons.esp

Alduin V1.esp

PyP_LE+CRF.esp

NoBSAIProjectileDodge.esp

Mortal Enemies.esp

Smilodon - Combat of Skyrim.esp

Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

Bijin NPCs.esp

Bijin Warmaidens.esp

Bijin Wives.esp

BijinAIO_SSE-3.1.1.esp

Immersive Wenches.esp

Immersive Wenches -Apachii hairs- Patch.esp

Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp

Immersive Citizens - ELFXHardcore patch.esp

Immersive Citizens - ELFXEnhancer patch.esp

Immersive Wenches -Immersive Citizens AI Overhaul Patch-.esp

Holidays.esp

Holidays SFO Patch.esp

ThiefEyes_SSE.esp

Laundry.esp

Distinct Interiors.esp

OutlawsRefuges.esp

Castle Volkihar Rebuilt.esp

RiftenGarret.esp

Deadly Shadows of Markarth.esp

Deadly Shadows of Riften.esp

Deadly Shadows of Windhelm.esp

Deadly Shadows over Solitude.esp

Deadly Shadows Solitude ToW Patch.esp

SolitudeWolfTower.esp

Deadly Shadows Solitude LotD.esp

Solitude Skyway SE.esp

Solitude Expansion.esp

SE - Skywalk Patch.esp

HearthFires Display Case Fix SE.esp

Unique Display Room.esp

UnlimitedBookshelves.esp

ETaC - Complete.esp

ETaC - Complete LoS Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete ELFX Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete Hunting Cabin Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete Leaf Rest Patch.esp

Palaces Castles Enhanced.esp

PCE - No Custom Music patch.esp

PCE - USSEP+CRF Patch.esp

PCE - ELFX PATCH.esp

PCE - ELFXEnhancer Patch.esp

PCE - Holidays Patch.esp

PCE - Live Another Life Patch.esp

PCE - Immersive Citizens AI Overhaul Patch.esp

OpulentThievesGuild.esp

Valerica.esp

Serana.esp

SimpleTaxes.esp

SimplyKnock.esp

Provincial Courier Service.esp

Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp

RDO - CRF + USSEP Patch.esp

PCE - RDO Patch.esp

Facial Piercings.esp

Sneak Tools Vanilla Hoods.esp

Sneak Tools Vanilla Masks.esp

Heart Breaker SE.esp

VioLens SE.esp

UnreadBooksGlow.esp

Summermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim.esp

Ars Metallica.esp

Ars Metallica - LSC Patch.esp

ETaC - Ars Metallica Patch.esp

Immersive Jewelry.esp

DBM_ArtifactsOfBoethiah_Patch.esp

DBM_BeyondReach_Patch.esp

DBM_Bloodworm_Patch.esp

DBM_CRF_Patch.esp

DBM_DGE_Crossbow_Patch.esp

DBM_ElementalDragons_Patch.esp

DBM_GoodBrother_Patch.esp

DBM_IA_Patch.esp

DBM_ImmersiveCreatures_Patch.esp

DBM_ImmersiveJewelry_Patch.esp

DBM_MAS_Patch.esp

DBM_MenofWinter_Patch.esp

DBM_MysticCondenser_Patch.esp

DBM_OblivionArtifacts_Patch.esp

DBM_RoyalArmory_Patch.esp

DBM_SAFO_Patch.esp

DBM_Skyway_Patch.esp

DBM_StagPrinceBow_Patch.esp

DBM_TamrielicCulture_Patch.esp

DBM_VigilantPatch.esp

DBM_ZimsImmersiveArtifacts_Patch.esp

PCE - Legacy of the Dragonborn Patch.esp

Dragon Soul Relinquishment.esp

Andromeda - Unique Standing Stones of Skyrim.esp

Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp

20 More Perk Points.esp

50 More Perk Points.esp

Perk Points at Skill Levels 50-75-100.esp

Ordinator - Beyond Skyrim Bruma Patch.esp

Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package.esp

Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim.esp

Moonlight Tales Special Edition.esp

FemaleWerewolf.esp

True Bat Form Remade.esp

Sacrosanct - Vampires of Skyrim.esp

Tainted_Blood.esp

DemonHunterV2.esp

MoreVampireEyes.esp

Improved Eyes Skyrim - Vamp.esp

Improved Eyes Skyrim.esp

DeadlySpellImpacts.esp

Simple AUA.esp

Backshields.esp

Predator Vision.esp

IMAGINATOR SSE - Visual Control for Skyrim.esp

DisableHDREffects.esp

Dark Envoy.esp

imp_helm_legend.esp

ESO Altmer Armor by NewrMind43.esp

Dolmen Ruins.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Plugins that patch somethings (ex. DBM_Legacy of Dragonborn patches) are actually disabled and merged into bash but the mod list shows them here anyway.

Some people say that the game thinks you are dead and that's why it can't save the game but let you play. This actually makes sense, I've been using TIM(toggle immortal mode) in my game with console commands because I hate dying and reloading. Feels like a waste of time. (With tim command you will still get damage but you won't fall below 1 hp)

And actually my game does not load the save automatically after using player.kill, I either get CTD or forced back to the main menu.

So maybe I'm just dead. But I don't know, it just feels so random. Sometimes it let's me save out of no reason. :confused:

UPDATE:

I removed Campfire and every mod related to Campfire because it's on Creation Club now, I will probably use that instead (if I can play the game first). Suddenly I could save again. I didn't get any CTD so far, quit the game myself after playing and saving a while. --Saved for approx. 30 more times-- completed 1 mid-sized dungeon, changed some settings, walked some distance, killed some people etc. --So far, no CTD.--

I know I said people always blame the mods and I still don't blame Campfire and Campfire Unleashed. They are just some really script/clutter heavy mods. It's not their even their fault. I just have too many mods. ReSaver showing over 200 unattached instances and OVER 28.000 UNDEFINED ELEMENTS, wow, it's really heavy. So I'm guessing removing them eased my script load or something. It's just a wild guess but so far it's OK.

I just hope the CTDs won't catch up with me again.

I will update this post accordingly.

Edited by SanguinBlack

We

M

Edit:

Edit2:

Before openin the spoiler tag hold on to something. Like I said in a previous post, I have many mods but my game is stable AF (other than some citizens acting crappy possibly due to a mod conflict that I didn't want to fix) capped at 60fps and this isn't my first run.

Now that Skse64 updated my game is officially dead. Says ''Skyrim has stopped working''. I am tired of this s***, maybe I'll try reinstalling Skyrim next year.

I am not sure if that fix would work me, since I am using MO2 and I don't have any issues with SkyUI.

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

ccbgssse010-petdwarvenarmoredmudcrab.esl

ccbgssse014-spellpack01.esl

ccqdrsse001-survivalmode.esl

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp

Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm

ApachiiHair.esm

Campfire.esm

BSAssets.esm

BSHeartland.esm

BS_DLC_patch.esp

arnima.esm

Falskaar.esm

Gray Fox Cowl.esm

ETaC - RESOURCES.esm

RE_RealEstate_Core.esp

Sneak Tools.esp

ApachiiHairFemales.esm

RE_RealEstate.esp

Real Estate USSEP Patch.esp

Cutting Room Floor.esp

EnhancedLightsandFX.esp

ELFX - Exteriors.esp

ELFXEnhancer.esp

unofficial skyrim survival patch.esp

Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp

KS Hairdo's.esp

DawnguardDarkAlly.esp

SkyUI_SE.esp

AMatterOfTime.esp

Customizable Camera.esp

UIExtensions.esp

AddItemMenuSE.esp

LeafRest OnePiece.esp

RiverwoodHuntingCabinSE.esp

SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp

MajesticMountains.esp

MajesticMountains_Moss.esp

SunDaytimeNorth_MM_default.esp

Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp

Better Dynamic Snow.esp

Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp

archSaveHotKeySE-MCM.esp

RaceMenu.esp

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

QuickLight.esp

Player Size Adjuster.esp

DungeonQuestAwareness.esp

Skyrim Immersive Creatures Special Edition.esp

dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp

LvxMagicks-CampfireUnleashed.esp

Tentapalooza.esp

Campfire BDS Patch.esp

Survival Mode - Campfire Patch.esp

Realistic Haircolors.esp

FNIS.esp

FNISSexyMove.esp

FNIS_PCEA2.esp

dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp

BVLT - Human.esp

XPMSSE.esp

TKDodge.esp

TKRecoil.esp

HitStop.esp

360WalkandRunPlus-RunBackwardSpeedAdjust.esp

Clockwork.esp

WheelsOfLull.esp

LegacyoftheDragonborn.esp

BooksOfSkyrim.esp

BecomeABard.esp

TERAArmorsSSE.esp

TeraArmorsSSE Leveled Lists Rare.esp

TeraArmorsSSE RARE USSEP Patch.esp

BGCollectables.esp

Legendary Skyrim Crossbows.esp

LADX_SSE.esp

Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp

Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp

Unique Uniques.esp

Vigilant.esp

Vigilant Voiced.esp

moonpath.esp

JRMoonpathtoElsweyrPatch.esp

ArtifactsOfBoethiah.esp

Artifacts.esp

WZOblivionArtifacts.esp

Mystic Condenser.esp

Mystic Condenser - USSEP Patch.esp

StagPrinceBow.esp

WZTamrielic Culture.esp

Bloodworm.esp

MoonAndStar_MAS.esp

Ish's Souls to Perks.esp

SkyrimsUniqueTreasures.esp

Dawnguard&VolkiharArtifactsQuests.esp

IceBladeOfTheMonarch.esp

Fossilsyum.esp

ZIA_Complete Pack_V4.esp

Zim's Improved Dremora.esp

Bloody's Nettlebane Patch.esp

Book Covers Skyrim.esp

goodbrother.esp

GPProvisioning.esp

SAFO.esp

SAFO - Survival Overhaul.esp

SkyrimIsWindy.esp

WondersofWeather.esp

Rustic Weathers And Lighting.esp

Rustic Weathers - Presets.esp

DarkerNights.esp

DarkerNights-BeyondSkyrimBruma.esp

Obsidian Mountain Fogs.esp

LightngDuringStorm.esp

PrvtIRoyalArmory.esp

DiverseDragonsCollectionSE.esp

Elemental_Dragons.esp

Alduin V1.esp

PyP_LE+CRF.esp

NoBSAIProjectileDodge.esp

Mortal Enemies.esp

Smilodon - Combat of Skyrim.esp

Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

Bijin NPCs.esp

Bijin Warmaidens.esp

Bijin Wives.esp

BijinAIO_SSE-3.1.1.esp

Immersive Wenches.esp

Immersive Wenches -Apachii hairs- Patch.esp

Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp

Immersive Citizens - ELFXHardcore patch.esp

Immersive Citizens - ELFXEnhancer patch.esp

Immersive Wenches -Immersive Citizens AI Overhaul Patch-.esp

Holidays.esp

Holidays SFO Patch.esp

ThiefEyes_SSE.esp

Laundry.esp

Distinct Interiors.esp

OutlawsRefuges.esp

Castle Volkihar Rebuilt.esp

RiftenGarret.esp

Deadly Shadows of Markarth.esp

Deadly Shadows of Riften.esp

Deadly Shadows of Windhelm.esp

Deadly Shadows over Solitude.esp

Deadly Shadows Solitude ToW Patch.esp

SolitudeWolfTower.esp

Deadly Shadows Solitude LotD.esp

Solitude Skyway SE.esp

Solitude Expansion.esp

SE - Skywalk Patch.esp

HearthFires Display Case Fix SE.esp

Unique Display Room.esp

UnlimitedBookshelves.esp

ETaC - Complete.esp

ETaC - Complete LoS Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete ELFX Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete Hunting Cabin Patch.esp

ETaC - Complete Leaf Rest Patch.esp

Palaces Castles Enhanced.esp

PCE - No Custom Music patch.esp

PCE - USSEP+CRF Patch.esp

PCE - ELFX PATCH.esp

PCE - ELFXEnhancer Patch.esp

PCE - Holidays Patch.esp

PCE - Live Another Life Patch.esp

PCE - Immersive Citizens AI Overhaul Patch.esp

OpulentThievesGuild.esp

Valerica.esp

Serana.esp

SimpleTaxes.esp

SimplyKnock.esp

Provincial Courier Service.esp

Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp

RDO - CRF + USSEP Patch.esp

PCE - RDO Patch.esp

Facial Piercings.esp

Sneak Tools Vanilla Hoods.esp

Sneak Tools Vanilla Masks.esp

Heart Breaker SE.esp

VioLens SE.esp

UnreadBooksGlow.esp

Summermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim.esp

Ars Metallica.esp

Ars Metallica - LSC Patch.esp

ETaC - Ars Metallica Patch.esp

Immersive Jewelry.esp

DBM_ArtifactsOfBoethiah_Patch.esp

DBM_BeyondReach_Patch.esp

DBM_Bloodworm_Patch.esp

DBM_CRF_Patch.esp

DBM_DGE_Crossbow_Patch.esp

DBM_ElementalDragons_Patch.esp

DBM_GoodBrother_Patch.esp

DBM_IA_Patch.esp

DBM_ImmersiveCreatures_Patch.esp

DBM_ImmersiveJewelry_Patch.esp

DBM_MAS_Patch.esp

DBM_MenofWinter_Patch.esp

DBM_MysticCondenser_Patch.esp

DBM_OblivionArtifacts_Patch.esp

DBM_RoyalArmory_Patch.esp

DBM_SAFO_Patch.esp

DBM_Skyway_Patch.esp

DBM_StagPrinceBow_Patch.esp

DBM_TamrielicCulture_Patch.esp

DBM_VigilantPatch.esp

DBM_ZimsImmersiveArtifacts_Patch.esp

PCE - Legacy of the Dragonborn Patch.esp

Dragon Soul Relinquishment.esp

Andromeda - Unique Standing Stones of Skyrim.esp

Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp

20 More Perk Points.esp

50 More Perk Points.esp

Perk Points at Skill Levels 50-75-100.esp

Ordinator - Beyond Skyrim Bruma Patch.esp

Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package.esp

Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim.esp

Moonlight Tales Special Edition.esp

FemaleWerewolf.esp

True Bat Form Remade.esp

Sacrosanct - Vampires of Skyrim.esp

Tainted_Blood.esp

DemonHunterV2.esp

MoreVampireEyes.esp

Improved Eyes Skyrim - Vamp.esp

Improved Eyes Skyrim.esp

DeadlySpellImpacts.esp

Simple AUA.esp

Backshields.esp

Predator Vision.esp

IMAGINATOR SSE - Visual Control for Skyrim.esp

DisableHDREffects.esp

Dark Envoy.esp

imp_helm_legend.esp

ESO Altmer Armor by NewrMind43.esp

Dolmen Ruins.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Plugins that patch somethings (ex. DBM_Legacy of Dragonborn patches) are actually disabled and merged into bash but the mod list shows them here anyway.

Some people say that the game thinks you are dead and that's why it can't save the game but let you play. This actually makes sense, I've been using TIM(toggle immortal mode) in my game with console commands because I hate dying and reloading. Feels like a waste of time. (With tim command you will still get damage but you won't fall below 1 hp)

And actually my game does not load the save automatically after using player.kill, I either get CTD or forced back to the main menu.

So maybe I'm just dead. But I don't know, it just feels so random. Sometimes it let's me save out of no reason. :confused:

UPDATE:

I removed Campfire and every mod related to Campfire because it's on Creation Club now, I will probably use that instead (if I can play the game first). Suddenly I could save again. I didn't get any CTD so far, quit the game myself after playing and saving a while. --Saved for approx. 30 more times-- completed 1 mid-sized dungeon, changed some settings, walked some distance, killed some people etc. --So far, no CTD.--

I know I said people always blame the mods and I still don't blame Campfire and Campfire Unleashed. They are just some really script/clutter heavy mods. It's not their even their fault. I just have too many mods. ReSaver showing over 200 unattached instances and OVER 28.000 UNDEFINED ELEMENTS, wow, it's really heavy. So I'm guessing removing them eased my script load or something. It's just a wild guess but so far it's OK.

I just hope the CTDs won't catch up with me again.

I will update this post accordingly.

Absolutely. That's not a wild guess at all, it conforms pretty nicely to what most of the folks on this thread have experienced. Like I've been saying, it doesn't seem to be any specific mod (although there may be some bad actors), but rather certain combinations of script heavy mods that the engine can't handle. Be sure to check your game periodically with Resaver and give it a script enema every once in a while to make sure that it's running clean.

I've been able to make another 2000 saves without CTD, turns out the game engine was not able handle too many leveled list objects. Didn't know there was a limit to it. This is why removing Campfire Unleashed fixed the issue. It is one of the most object heavy mods in the Nexus.

But of course Campfire Unleashed alone doesn't cause this issue, I have many mods like Diverse Dragons, Immersive Jewelry, Legendary Armors/Crossbows etc.

So that's it for me I guess. I hope my comments will be helpful for someone at least.

I've been able to make another 2000 saves without CTD, turns out the game engine was not able handle too many leveled list objects. Didn't know there was a limit to it. This is why removing Campfire Unleashed fixed the issue. It is one of the most object heavy mods in the Nexus.

But of course Campfire Unleashed alone doesn't cause this issue, I have many mods like Diverse Dragons, Immersive Jewelry, Legendary Armors/Crossbows etc.

So that's it for me I guess. I hope my comments will be helpful for someone at least.

Interesting! Thanks for the info.

Any Idea what the limit might be?

Hey everyone, has the problem been solved?

Edit: I though I had the solution, but my character cant exit the map or the game ctd

Edit 2: Forget about what I said, I think I have got now the solution.

If anyone wants to know here is what I did (if I commit any writing error, please sorry. I am not a hundred percent English fluent)

Step 1:

-I've downloaded the Fallrim Tools and started the ReSaver.exe program.

Step 2:

-I've opened my Saves folder (PC/Doccuments/My Games/Skyrim Special Edition/Saves) and then selected the save that I wanted to use.

******Make sure you have made a backup of this save file!!!!

*Tip for those who doesnt know which save is your prefered:

Open your game and go to Load; then, select the show all saves option. It will show (in up to down order) the most recent saved file first. It also shows you a picture, which is shown on the right side of the ReSaver.exe program when you open your save.

But using the image orientation only would be a too slow process, so you may search at your File Explorer for the Date Modified option. By clickin there it will turn from the Alphabetical order to the Most Recently Updated.

Step 3:

-I've selected the Clean option and marked the Show Unattached Instances option. You may also mark the Show Undefined Elements if this method doesnt work in the end.

-After that, hit the Remove Unattached Instances option (you must select the Remove Undefined Elements if this method doesnt work in the end.)

Step 4:

-I've saved the file and started SkyrimSE (Make sure you have the save backup outside the folder)

Step 5:

-Here you can simply go to Continue, but I held to the Load and Show All Saves option. Here you will see many saves, but the one you'll go is the first one.

**At this point, SkyrimSE may CTD after your load screen. But no worries. I'll explain that on the next step.

Step 6:

-If after all this you've got a CTD, go to your Library on Steam. It must show up an downloading (percentage) at the side os the SkyrimSE game. This is your new save file being adapted to the game.

Congratulations! Now you only need to open your game and load the same save that on Step 5, your game must begin. If it does not, repeat the process but now with selecting the Undefined Elements options in the ReSaver.exe.

WARNING!!!!

This is related to my first edit.

You can not delete your other saves after that, or the game will CTD when you leave the map, and then it will always CTD after the loadscreen (in any save file you load). My luck was that I didnt emptied the trash, so I could move it all back to my save folder.

That's it everyone, hope it works!

Edited by mogneto