SSE CTD on Save After Hours of Gameplay

squireoivanhoe

It's happening again on a fresh new game at only 6 hours in and 0 NONE of my old saves besides the starting one will autosave. Losing my last 40 hour game was about a month worth of real time because I don't play much.

Also yes, there were 0 unattached anything, cleaning resulted in 0 results. I downloaded SSEEdit as well and cleaned masters before starting this new game. LOOT is showing 0 errors in load order and 0 files that need cleaning.

My mods are as follows though I'm pretty sure I'm just going to delete the game and not bother playing anymore if its happening after only 6 hours.

• 05: Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
  • 06: BSAssets.esm
  • 07: BSHeartland.esm
  • 08: BS_DLC_patch.esp
  • 09: Falskaar.esm
  • 0a: SkyUI_SE.esp
  • 0b: IcePenguinWorldMap.esp
  • 0c: AcquisitiveSoulGemMultithreaded.esp
  • 0d: BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp
  • 0e: LegacyoftheDragonborn.esp
  • 0f: tcbm.esp
  • 10: TGNoToNocturnal.esp
  • 11: Unlimited Charge for Unique Items.esp
  • 12: Helgen Reborn.esp
  • 13: Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp
  • 14: Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
  • 15: Run For Your Lives.esp
  • 16: Ars Metallica.esp
  • 17: Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
  • 18: Ordinator - Beyond Skyrim Bruma Patch.esp
  • 19: Perk Points at Skill Levels 50-75-100.esp
  • 1a: WeightLessAll.esp
  • 1b: TsunPassiveRacialAbilities.esp
  • 1c: DBM_IA_Patch.esp
  • 1d: DBM_HelgenReborn_Patch.esp
  • 1e: ForgottenCity.esp
  • 1f: The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
  • 20: UnlimitedSummons.esp
  • 21: Calling of the Conjurer.esp
  • 22: My Home Is Your Home.esp
  • 23: Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
  • 24: Bruma - Alternate Start.esp
  • 25: DBM_RelicHunter.esp

It only seems to occur after taking a break for a large time, going to work, going to bed, when the computer is shut off, dunno if that matters.

Edited by Zilla5k5

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used fallrim, FNIS and what not to fix this issue without success

also the first time it happened to me, I had a bug before the endless crashes started where my lantern from wearable lantern wouldn't turn on/off the light, I cleaned my save with fallrim (which fixed the issue) then the crashes started happening a few hours of gameplay later (it was before SKSE alpha)

That said though, when it happened when I posted on monday I didn't notice any sort of script issues or lag at all

Did Resaver show unattached scripts/instances? If so, did you remove the mods that generated them and make a clean save? How far back on your saves did you use Resaver? For most, you can't just do it on the most recent save, but instead have to find a save where the unattached scripts haven't already jammed up papyrus.

It's happening again on a fresh new game at only 6 hours in and 0 NONE of my old saves besides the starting one will autosave. Losing my last 40 hour game was about a month worth of real time because I don't play much.

Also yes, there were 0 unattached anything, cleaning resulted in 0 results. I downloaded SSEEdit as well and cleaned masters before starting this new game. LOOT is showing 0 errors in load order and 0 files that need cleaning.

My mods are as follows though I'm pretty sure I'm just going to delete the game and not bother playing anymore if its happening after only 6 hours.

• 05: Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
  • 06: BSAssets.esm
  • 07: BSHeartland.esm
  • 08: BS_DLC_patch.esp
  • 09: Falskaar.esm
  • 0a: SkyUI_SE.esp
  • 0b: IcePenguinWorldMap.esp
  • 0c: AcquisitiveSoulGemMultithreaded.esp
  • 0d: BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp
  • 0e: LegacyoftheDragonborn.esp
  • 0f: tcbm.esp
  • 10: TGNoToNocturnal.esp
  • 11: Unlimited Charge for Unique Items.esp
  • 12: Helgen Reborn.esp
  • 13: Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp
  • 14: Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
  • 15: Run For Your Lives.esp
  • 16: Ars Metallica.esp
  • 17: Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
  • 18: Ordinator - Beyond Skyrim Bruma Patch.esp
  • 19: Perk Points at Skill Levels 50-75-100.esp
  • 1a: WeightLessAll.esp
  • 1b: TsunPassiveRacialAbilities.esp
  • 1c: DBM_IA_Patch.esp
  • 1d: DBM_HelgenReborn_Patch.esp
  • 1e: ForgottenCity.esp
  • 1f: The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
  • 20: UnlimitedSummons.esp
  • 21: Calling of the Conjurer.esp
  • 22: My Home Is Your Home.esp
  • 23: Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
  • 24: Bruma - Alternate Start.esp
  • 25: DBM_RelicHunter.esp

It only seems to occur after taking a break for a large time, going to work, going to bed, when the computer is shut off, dunno if that matters.

Wow, 6 hours is pretty soon, especially with only 25 mods. I would try a few things:

1. Try playing the game without SKSE64 and SKSE64 dependent mods. I see a few of them in your modlist. I know that tons of people are using it successfully, but it is still in Alpha, which means that it isn't reliable, and has the potential to cause game-breaking bugs.

2. If you've messed with your .ini file or made any other changes to the base game, revert them to normal. It also might help to uninstall and reinstall the game as well.

not really since I deleted all my saves, I restarted a new character after that, I'll be making a log of all the unattached instances/script I find everytime i'll run fallrim until the issue starts again (if it ever does)

first cleaning with my current character at level 40 https://imgur.com/a/ZUGKb

the PC headtracking is because I uninstalled said mod since it was broke

• 2 weeks later...

This just started happening to me but in LE NOT SE. I don't know if I have permanently or only temporarily fixed it but:

I deleted all but the last good set of .ess and .skse saves after backing them all up. Then I went in game and loaded that save. Then I deleted that save so there were no saves at all. Then I made a new save and quit the game. So back to save numbered one. Went back into game loaded the new save, and so far I have done a bunch of stuff and saved like ten times with no issue. Wish me luck...

This just started happening to me but in LE NOT SE. I don't know if I have permanently or only temporarily fixed it but:

I deleted all but the last good set of .ess and .skse saves after backing them all up. Then I went in game and loaded that save. Then I deleted that save so there were no saves at all. Then I made a new save and quit the game. So back to save numbered one. Went back into game loaded the new save, and so far I have done a bunch of stuff and saved like ten times with no issue. Wish me luck...

There were a whole host of reasons that could cause this issue back in LE, so I would go back and look at those threads. I can remember two causes: 1. A bug in Vaermina's quest 2. Using a mod that required the latest edition of SKSE, but not having the latest edition of SKSE.Best of luck to you GameDuchess.

Holy Hell is this frustrating. Mine started with being unable to enter or exit a building or city with a gate without getting stuck on a black loading screen. Then it morphed to the point of getting a CTD any time I tried to quicksave or do a regular save. I deleted SkyBirds, Birds of Skyrim, Diverse Dragons and Footprints. I was then able to load a save and re-save without getting a CTD.

I also cleaned my save using ReSaver and can load that save fine, then resave again without issue.

Now I'm back to the point where if I exit Elysium Estate I get stuck on the loading screen.

The odd thing I'm seeing now, is that after closing Skyrim, there's an autosave of me outside of Elysium Estate that I can load, resave just fine. ReSaver isn't catching any issues, and I made sure there was nothing left from any of the mods I deleted.

I'm at about 110 hours on this save, the size is 8.9MB and I'm at level 32.

I'm running out of things to try besides starting over again, which is such a pain.

Holy Hell is this frustrating. Mine started with being unable to enter or exit a building or city with a gate without getting stuck on a black loading screen. Then it morphed to the point of getting a CTD any time I tried to quicksave or do a regular save. I deleted SkyBirds, Birds of Skyrim, Diverse Dragons and Footprints. I was then able to load a save and re-save without getting a CTD.

I also cleaned my save using ReSaver and can load that save fine, then resave again without issue.

Now I'm back to the point where if I exit Elysium Estate I get stuck on the loading screen.

The odd thing I'm seeing now, is that after closing Skyrim, there's an autosave of me outside of Elysium Estate that I can load, resave just fine. ReSaver isn't catching any issues, and I made sure there was nothing left from any of the mods I deleted.

I'm at about 110 hours on this save, the size is 8.9MB and I'm at level 32.

I'm running out of things to try besides starting over again, which is such a pain.

Elysium Estate is a mod, right? That might be a different issue entirely. Have you tried teleporting somewhere else using the console?