SSE CTD on Save After Hours of Gameplay

squireoivanhoe

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started the new new character today. 6 hours in, and no signs of trouble yet.

Update. Now at about 14 hours in, No CTDs on save, but had two weird CTDs in Markarth, during the Forsworn stuff. One was when I would try to loot a certain corpse in the treasury house, and the other was when i would try to buy from Kleppr, I could rent a room no problem, but if I try to buy anything it CTDs almost immediately, sometimes a 1 second delay. Not really sure why these two instances caused CTDs, as they have never done that before in any other play through.

The only new mods I have are Jaysus swords, which I have no clue why I didn't have it installed already, as it's a great weapon pack.. The version 5 of legacy and the updated patches. I did enable Helgen reborn and had to rerun the legacy patches afterwards to get it's specific patch. I removed Thane weapons reborn, since it is incorporated into legacy v5. I did add Dawnguard arsenal, fossil mining, JKs skyrim, and guard armor replacer.

Update 2: At 35 hours and no CTDs on saves.

Edited by SaintGW

• 2 weeks later...

Gone through 11 more files now. Still no undefined or unidentified instances or anything. Re Saver only seems to be able to go through about 7 files before you have to restart it otherwise you have to restart your computer as it fails to load a file and the error message is blank and you can't exit out of it or ReSaver.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for their contributions here. This trouble began for me upon entering Forelhost Catacombs. I could continue to play and save if I didn't enter the catacombs, but if I went through the door... CTD on save every time. As per the guidance here, I modified EngineFixes.ini to <SaveGameMaxSize = true> and applied the fix from comment #28 in this forum. Instead of SkyBirds, I had Birds of Skyrim installed and removed it. In the save prior to entering the catacombs, ReSaver indicated one unattached instance, and one undefined element from FrostFall. I care more about FF than a bunch of annoying birds, so I dumped Birds of Skyrim. After these changes, I was able to play into the catacombs, save, and load with no problems (yet). I'll let ya know if that changes. BTW, I also have Legacy of the Dragonborn, and both Diverse Dragons and Deadly Dragons installed.

Well I'm an idiot. I must of forgotten to save the ini file after I changed it from false to true. Well, hopefully that was the cause of my issue, with this file. Though after all this, I am going to take a break from Skyrim for a bit. I'll be sure to update this post when I start back up on Skyrim.

• 1 month later...