Steam iOS and Android app launches in beta

JimboUK

This sure is interesting. Nowadays, I mostly use Steam and Skype to chat with my friends, so, if I had an iPhone or an Android based smartphone, it'd be quite useful :D

Not to mention the countless times I've lost some good deals because I couldn't buy the game in time.

I'm not sure if people will notice, so I'll say it anyways. It's purpose is not to buy games for iOS/Android. It's just another way to access your steam account!

"...Games cannot actually be played through the app, and Valve has not stated plans to begin offering mobile games through its marketplace..."

There's the Apple store... Not sure about Android, but it's probably in the same ground.

Edited by Yoshh

Exactly, not stated any plans. I'm not talking about now of course, but when the opportunity might rise they could just do it. That could take a few years.

Of course it's more of a marketing tool than a fully used tool. People will notice other people having steam on their phone and ask what it is, etc. Free mouth to mouth marketing while users are happy features are used outside steam. But I will like the features that are mentioned already. That way I can spam with Anton on the way home from school ;D.

Edited by Pronam

I recently got access to the beta. It's actually really cool. I bought a game on it, tested the chat features out, and stuff like that. I don't know if its all that useful for buying games, because I hardly think there'll be a situation when I'm too far away from my computer but absolutely have to purchase a game at that exact second.

I recently got access to the beta. It's actually really cool. I bought a game on it, tested the chat features out, and stuff like that. I don't know if its all that useful for buying games, because I hardly think there'll be a situation when I'm too far away from my computer but absolutely have to purchase a game at that exact second.

Who knows? Maybe some extremely short sale? :P