Skyrim Specs.

The Forgott3n

Hey everyone, I was wondering what GPU you girls and guys are using to run Skyrim? I mean oddly enough, I was able to run Skyrim on ultra with 90+ fps but then I installed an update for my GPU and now the FPS is down to like 15. I am currently running Skyrim on an:

Alienware m14x

GPU: nVidia GT555m 1.5 gb

RAM: 6gb

Processor: Intel i7 sandy bridge, 2.9 ghrz quadcore.

I find my computer to be at least able to run the game, but I just wanted to know if this is a good enough computer to max out the graphics on. Also if this is a good computer to download and use HQ textures via mods?

Thanks for any help provided :).

I would think you'd be able to run the game + texture mods with that setup. I have a AMD X2 something something (not at my computer right now but it's dual core) with 2gig ram and a radeon HD 4550 1gb ddr2. I thought I'd have to upgrade but Skyrim runs fine with all texture settings on max (except shadows) and view distance at max on everything. I just can't turn on AA or AF and have to lower the resolution to the one under 1080p. I'm probably not getting 60fps (haven't even checked) but it runs smoothly and looks great.

I also have a few texture mods (for armor/weapons mostly) and the lush grass / bushy trees mods. But as everyone else said try it out. I'd recommend adding any "wide-scope" texture mods one at a time and testing to see if they bog down the game.

Just check your mods to see if some are out of date or drop your fps, and make sure your computer does not have any viruses or background programs that will interfere with the game. I play skyrim with a very old GPU. The main things that drop my fps are shadows, and reflections in rooms with multiple light sources. Skyrim Tweek Guide shows you how most of your options setting will effect your fps. You computer may be able to play on ultra setting but it could just be that your resolution is turned up to high. 1600-900 is the max resolution my monitor can run even though I know skyrim can go upto 2560-1600 or so.

An I7 Quad has plenty of chutzpah to run Skyrim. I have an I7 Quad and it runs great. I think the real limiting factor is the video card. I have a very high end card so I can run the top graphics. If you are thinking about any kind of upgrade, a newer video card would be the way to go.

An I7 Quad has plenty of chutzpah to run Skyrim. I have an I7 Quad and it runs great. I think the real limiting factor is the video card. I have a very high end card so I can run the top graphics. If you are thinking about any kind of upgrade, a newer video card would be the way to go.

Well my GPU is part of the nvidia 5 series. Which is the newest line of graphics card, and I can already play crysis 2 with max graphics.