We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Badass Samurai-like looking Daedra Armors

answerme

Hello folks. I just found this picture on the internet and i got the idea to implement these armors ingame, to replace the daedra armor and also adding the 2 armors that the guys wear left and right to the guy in front. The one in the middle would fit to some higher ranking daedra's, the other 2 could be standard armors. A standalone mod for these armors would be also nice and maybe variants with light and heavy armors to choose from, but i would like to have them as replacers. I think they would fit perfectly into the lore of Elder Scrolls, since the blades and akaviri wear samurai-like armors and swords as well.

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/badasssamuraiss5qvpn63zk.png

I know that it might be too hard to make them without CK, but maybe when its out someone can make this. I would realy like to see those armors and espacialy the helmets ingame. :dance:

Edited by answerme

Yes, your right. I was just saying, because i dont realy like the current daedra armor compared to the others. I prefer a more realistic style. But if someone realy creates these, you can replace every armor you wish with them anyways.

Well if you are really going for "realistic" then you wouldnt see this type of armor in Skyrim. Plus Samurai armor is made of wood/bamboo and would get absolutely destroyed by the viking/euopean style of weapons that are used in Skyrim..realisticly of course ;)

But other than that, they do seem kinda awesome, I think those are from the movie Sucker punch :P

Well if you are really going for "realistic" then you wouldnt see this type of armor in Skyrim.

No, but stuff like armors should have a touch of realism imo. Even the glas armor looks realer than the daedra one, espacially when you use some fullmetal retexture. For me, this makes a much better atmosphere. But tastes are different. :happy:

Edit: And yes, they are from the movie Sucker Punch. Thanks for the info, i didnt know that. :thumbsup:

Edited by answerme

Yes, your right. I was just saying, because i dont realy like the current daedra armor compared to the others. I prefer a more realistic style. But if someone realy creates these, you can replace every armor you wish with them anyways.

Well if you are really going for "realistic" then you wouldnt see this type of armor in Skyrim. Plus Samurai armor is made of wood/bamboo and would get absolutely destroyed by the viking/euopean style of weapons that are used in Skyrim..realisticly of course ;)

But other than that, they do seem kinda awesome, I think those are from the movie Sucker punch :P

WRONG!! (except the sucker punch part)

Firstly- all elven cultures have eastern influences just as the Men have western influences. In Morrowind for example the Orcish (orsiMER) Pretty much WAS samurai and you can see that there is still a small amount of influence on the skyrim helmet there. There are of course exceptions (Dwemer are hard to place) (khajit are eastern and argonains are tribal, Redguards are in the middleground and are rather middle eastern. Akaviri are rome/japan.) Hell.. In the art for A typical High elf in oblivion the guy was wearing a kimono and holding a katana!! Only recently has bethesda decided to tolkienise the game.

Secondly- Later japanese armours used more and more metal

Firstly- all elven cultures have eastern influences just as the Men have western influences. In Morrowind for example the Orcish (orsiMER) Pretty much WAS samurai and you can see that there is still a small amount of influence on the skyrim helmet there. There are of course exceptions (Dwemer are hard to place) (khajit are eastern and argonains are tribal, Redguards are in the middleground and are rather middle eastern. Akaviri are rome/japan.) Hell.. In the art for A typical High elf in oblivion the guy was wearing a kimono and holding a katana!! Only recently has bethesda decided to tolkienise the game.

I never said there wasnt Armor like this in TES you just wouldnt find any in the province of Skyrim, most would be Akaviri, the closest we have are the Blades armor (which in this game has a slight nordic falir to it) and even then isnt made of wood. Also Orc armor, in Skyrim anyways, is more Mongolian in Design

In my opinion:

Dwemer = Greek/Egyptian

Imperial = Roman

Redguard = Middle Eastern

Khajit = Middle Eastern

Argonian = Middle Age Europe/Tribal

Breton = Middle Age Europe

Nord = Viking Ages/Nordic

Akavir = Sengoku Era/Japanese

Orc = Tribal

High Elf = Egyptian

Dark Elf = Egyptian

Wood Elf = Middle Age Europe/Hunter

Aside from that, I would like to see more samurai stuff, but I think that adding that type of design onto Daedric armor would take away it's uniqueness.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/176/e/e/ninja_gaiden_2_fiend_armor_by_shadeshadowwolf.jpg

I think this would be good for a Ninja-looking Daedric armor, but that's most likely irrelevant to this topic. :sweat:

Edited by GeminiContractor

Well if you are really going for "realistic" then you wouldnt see this type of armor in Skyrim.

No, but stuff like armors should have a touch of realism imo. Even the glas armor looks realer than the daedra one, espacially when you use some fullmetal retexture. For me, this makes a much better atmosphere. But tastes are different. :happy:

Edit: And yes, they are from the movie Sucker Punch. Thanks for the info, i didnt know that. :thumbsup:

Well of course Daedric isnt going to look that real, its armor worn by evil demon type creatures. Dremora looks downright badass in the stuff.

Edited by themurloc99