Your Trump Card?

IBN5100

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe all the people who use god mode when losing a battle. Really? Why? :psyduck: I use Unrelenting Force to get some much needed room and time to heal and lately I have been using the Levitation mod which is actually more of a teleport spell. Great for mages and works really well in combat.

I keep a stock of invisibility, slow, and paralysis potions/poisons on hand, begininning very early in the game. I've played it enough that I know where to go to get the necessary ingredients, so that's one of my first priorities after spending some time hunting and gathering in the Riverwood/Whiterun area. I almost never use scrolls and potions, but save them for emergency use. A slow poison can be all you need to be able to retreat far enough away to go into Sneak mode and get hidden. If I'm up against one opponent who is getting the best of me, then it's paralysis and then I spam the guy with fire. If that doesn't do the job then I run away because I'm probably not supposed to be there. In a real pinch, an invisibility potion can be a lifesaver.

Basically, when things go bad I try to get away, recoup and regroup, and then go back in with a little more care and foreknowledge. I don't like to lose, so I'll wear a bunch of opponents down one at a time, if I have to, and I'm a very patient person -- probably one of the reasons I play my Khajiit as a hunter.

Like others, I really haven't had this problem until my current playthrough, in which I decided to go sword and board in nothing but imperial light armor(being a soldier I thought it crucial to be in uniform) and cranked the difficulty to master. The main trouble I have is with the Thalmor patrols. For some reason I can't just let them walk on by, And while I can face down two or three foes, doing so while a mage sits back and nukes me from afar usually ends up being too much for me.

In response, I use the terrain. Since a lot of skyrim has little ledges and overhangs, I lead the Thalmor on a merry chase around the same few rocks, keeping the mage out of sight. Occasionally I'll stop and take a few swipes at my attackers then I turn tail before they can retaliate. In this way I eventuall clear them out and then go take care of the mage. It's kinda cheating I know but in a game where I can't hit an enemy with a spell from 4 feet away yet they can snipe me at full sprint with lightning I figure turning the tables and using their inability to jump is only fair play.

My Ebony Bow has 391 damage. It also has two enchantments: Fire and Frost which both equal an addtional 28 damage each, so the total damage is 447 and then take into account that my Ebony Arrows deliver a further 20 damage meaning 467 damage at very close quarters. I then drink one of the archery potions and slip on two pieces of armor I carry around with me with archery enchantments (gloves and hood). I have seen my bow register damage of over 600 :laugh:

So if I am losing a sword fight, I prefer swords because they are cool, I will use the Slow Time shout (3 shout version) and whip out my bow and go carnal on the mutha!

Sometime's I like sneaking, and getting that 3x multiplier on the bow, 1800 damage FTW! :biggrin:

Edited by ProjectVRD

I can't believe all the people who use god mode when losing a battle. Really? Why? :psyduck:

Because ever since Oblivion, relying on an autosave is VERY STUPID. Even though I know that Skyrim autosaves like crazy, the Oblivion danger has stuck. :(

I can't believe all the people who use god mode when losing a battle. Really? Why? :psyduck:

Because ever since Oblivion, relying on an autosave is VERY STUPID. Even though I know that Skyrim autosaves like crazy, the Oblivion danger has stuck. :(

I haven't had any problems with autosave and what does that have to do with using god mode? If you don't save before going into an area with a dangerous battle that is VERY STUPID.

I usually keep fighting until I'm dead, then my last save plops me right back where I'd started, and for the next go-round I bump the difficulty level down one notch and try again. If I'm still getting my ass handed to me, after the second death I back off and start looking for a way to go around the problem instead of through it. And yeah, if it's an unexpected battle and I know my last save was awhile ago, I have been known to use TGM just to stay alive for a strategic retreat. I draw the line at fighting while in god mode; it just doesn't feel fun, somehow, to cheat my way through an epic battle. If I can't legitimately win then it's time to consider options other than battle. But I am glad TGM exists because it's also not fun to have to re-do hours of work after a cheap one-shot I didn't see coming.

Run, forrest run - turn shoot with bow - run f run - turn use shout, wait not ready damn - run more f run - shoot miss - run run run ffff biatch uum run half health - run more - shout - miss - shoot again - miss - run...... - load Edited by ScorpionHunter