Creation Kit news update from Bethesda!

RitchieTheMerc

Hey guys, I was searching around on the Internet earlier, and I found a nice little article that was written today that contained an official statement from Bethesda regarding the release of both the Creation Kit and the 1.4 update.

Here is the link to the article - http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1223037/skyrim_14_patch_sees_great_results_hits_pc_next_week_bethesda.html

Here's the part about the Creation Kit, for those of you that are too lazy to click the link -

"We really appreciate the feedback from our Steam Beta. We anticipate the 1.4 update going live next week for all on the PC and being sent to the console manufacturers. The Creation Kit won’t be far behind," the developer posted on the Skyrim forums.

So, the Creation Kit is probably going to be released next week. For Bethesda to keep their promise of the Kit being released this month, they'd have to release it on Tuesday.

What are your thoughts on this?

You seem to have overlooked this key phrase: The Creation Kit won’t be far behind. That means that they are most likely not going to hit their stated January launch of the CK. I wouldn't hold my breath that they even manage to get it out by the end of February. Remember this is the Beth/Steam coalition we are talking about. Seems to me that they should have held off the release of the game a couple more months while it was being Beta tested as we the consumer got stuck with that task.

Really do some people not get tired of bashing Bethesda for not getting the CK out on time? I remember back when you had to wait on members of the community to design and create the modding software and that was it.

Companies didnt pitch in and give software or even hand out info of any sorts to help these modders, few of these guys are now working at companies such as Gas Powered Games and probably a few in the likes of Bethesda.

I am waiting patiently for the official release and working with Skyedit in the meantime. Props go out to both Bethesda and the 3rd party designers.

Heres why everyone is bashing BUGTHESDA (you spelt it wrong):

1. Bugthesda said they were releasing the CK with the game, they didnt.....ok so it needed some tweaking

2. They have involved steam in the use of the CK, that alone is enough to bash them until the end of time

3. They have continously messed up patchs, even releasing the 1.2 for the PC two days after the other consoles, even though all over the internet there were videos, forum posts, complaints everywhere that is was bugged for 75% of people, yet they decided to release it regardless.

4. They said starting in january, then waited until right near the end of january to tell us......oh no sorry it will be released soon, which means they are not saying a date, they are saying soon to keep people hanging in there when they wont probably be releasing it.

So basically your a drone blindly following a company that continously breaks their promises, good luck with that

I bet you will still be quite happy following them when they again fail to release the CK by the end of january, febuary.....oh wait they will be telling us next it will be out next december soon

Dont get me wrong, I like Skyrim and do hope the CK comes out soon

Edited by thelonewarrior