• 3/10
    • 4/10
    • 5/10
    • 6/10
    • 7/10
    • 8/10
    • 9/10
    • 10/10

I was a bit miffed that the game was not quite like the trailer. The music is even better in the trailer. The trailer shows lots of animations and plot elements that were not in the final cut of the game.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bethesda made the game sound better than what it is, the game is great though but sounds like oblivion with better graphics and animations, I manage to finnish the main quest and play a lot before the patch 1.3.10 gave me the CTD´s and I ask bethesda where the hell are the non scripted dragons xD The only dragons I saw were quest related, I never saw a dragon fly past me or randomly attacking me, I came to the point that I was the one spawning dragons just to fight them because the game was about dragons and in my game I would be lucky if I saw one -.-

Im not how to rate Skyrim

in comparison id say it ranks 3rd of TES

if were talking about overall quality and introduction of new aspects to series

im not really gonna compare Arena or Daggerfell simply because i haven't played them through properly but enough to know about them

Morrowind-

PROS

great game gets the highest value in introducing new things into the series its iconic design have laid the frame for many of there other games and many of concepts even other rpgs use, great addition to the entire industry if there was a hall of fame, Morrowind definitely belongs in

CONS

unfortunately in comparison to other games its quality isn't very good not too mention a little buggy very often you could trap yourself in a quest paradox where your not able to leave unfortunately Bethesda at the time did not think of any creative solutions to this besides the you kill an important person message.

Oblivion

PROS

in terms of bringing new stuff to the table does not deliver as much of Morrowind but definitely still hits hard with new concepts of what you can accomplish and do not to mention having seemingly refurbished feel that arena had by having your character follow a similar formulation but with different outcomes not to mention a much brighter aspect then what Morrowind brought...also lets not forget the massive graphical update.

CONS

in comparison to Morrowind the overall play quality just isn't as much in depth, in Morrowind you could accidentally stumble on a massive dungeon and be thrown into a huge quest that encompasses a large spectrum of the game. In Oblivion everything was very played at expected getting surprised in oblivion was a little bit hard the only real chance you had for unknown danger came from inside oblivion gates.

Skyrim

PROS

Massive graphical change i swear sooner or later there gonna develop games with realistic properties and were all gonna think were fighting real people ,putting your character into a massive landscape with ever present towns where activity can sometimes occur without the character. The AI is hyper responsive in comparison to the other games even being able to understand puzzling console command messings like changing the weather unexpectedly. they game a whole new skill of smiting and changed the fighting interface to something more realistic and with cinematic cut-scenes.

CONS

unfortunately the Bethesda did not really add much to Skyrim as more or less take things away although well intentioned they probably wanted to higher the gameplay value rather than the customization madness that occurred in oblivion and Morrowind (like making spells that could blow up a town). it also not as bright as oblivion but that can be seen as a positive or a negative to those who got annoyed by Oblivions ever cherry atmosphere.

Overall this game would be hard to rate on the spectrum of all rpg games it could be compared to cause in the faces of other rpgs Skyrim could of done a lot worse and people would still be praising it

but if you want me to give it a ranking within the other TES? id say 6.5/10.

Edited by Tetris22

7/10 (compared with other games realeased recently)

I've been playing hundreds of hours, trying lots of characters, etc. but the more I explore the empty it feels.

I agree with every complain I've seen in the thread. Yes, it has a lot of negative aspects but it's the best we have to play for now IMO.

It will he a 8 for me .

The game is very good , He could get a 9 Without all the crash/bug . Homewever he can't get the 10 because he don't have The ambiance like morrowind has but it's still a good ambiance , i love the nordic landscape .

Morrowind was a 10 for me .

Oblivion is a 9 for me , the graphics were more than perfect at the moment , The quest were 10 time better than in Skyrim .

Daggerfall was a 8 for me but i won't make a comparison for obvious reason .

Personally, I don't think it was overhyped.

I don't know what people thought Skyrim would be, but clearly they overhyped the game by themselves.

I knew what to expect, a single player RPG with tons of content set in an extremely detailed fantasy world, and some bugs off course.

That's what I got, everything was like I expected it to be, with some thing actually exceeding my expectations.

I think that's why I'm enjoying the game a lot more then some of the people around here, I didn't overhype it for myself. Or I just have a different opinion then others, like everybody does.

I'd give the game a 9/10, it just needs a more dynamic world that reacts to what you do, and it'd be a perfect score.

I give vanilla Skyrim an 8/10.

-it's a little buggy, and lacks uniqueness. Plus, it doesn't have very good lighting or shadows. Eventually dungeons start to feel cloned, and enemies lack some variety. Having said that, vanilla Skyrim is still the best game to release since Dark Souls last year.

If it was an option, I would give Skyrim as it is now, modded the way I like it, a 9/10.

-mods have made graphics top-notch already, and they aren't slowing down. Minor annoyances with the perk tree or lack of weapon variety are gone, and the 'PG' rated bodies have finally been abolished by fully meshed body mods. Furthermore, personal tweaks like making the game hudless, removing essential npcs, and removing fast travel have helped immersion immensely.

It'll be a 10/10 by the time mods are done with it though.

-mods will overhaul every dungeon to be very unique, just like what modders did to Oblivion.

-no doubt the Guild questlines will be expanded and rewritten for the better.

-true locational damage is no-doubt already being developed by an intrepid modder.

-Skyrim will likely take on an epic, personalized feel that normally only the best fantasy books manage to deliver.

-multiple mods will increase depth in ways that I haven't even thought of, perhaps by allowing spell crafting, allowing us to deform the environment in dynamic ways, or by allowing us to use radiant story to a greater, more versatile degree.

I know I overhyped Skyrim for myself a little, but it's well on its way to living up to the hype... through mods.

Edited by Rennn