Constant Stutter

joswald1018

Okay, so the issue I have is that the game stutters CONSTANTLY. For whatever reason the game fluctuates between 40 and 60fps from the moment I start it up. It starts at 1fps then ramps up slowly to 60fps in the main menu but stutters constantly between 50 and 60fps. My normal fluctuation is 59-60fps (and therefore no noticeable loss of gameplay.) I've tried ALL fixes I can think of short of completely reloading the game. I have absolutely NO idea what's causing it, but it started up when the 1.6.3 patch was released and only seems to have gotten worse as time goes on (I get occasional drops to 0fps and just have to wait for the game to sort itself out.)

Is there a fix for this?

My Rig:

Windows 7 Pro x64

Intel Core i7 3820

ASUS X79 Sabertooth

32gb of 1600mhz RAM

4gb GTX 970 SC

3x WD 250gb 7200 SATA HDDs

1x WD 320gb 7200 SATA HDD

All my drivers and patches are up to date.

Edited by joswald1018

To me it happens the same, but it is microstutter, the game stays in 60 solid FPS with everything in the ultra, but I have very micro that stammer when I run, in no time low of 60 fps, but this microstuttering ...

-Windows 10

-GTX 780 3GbVram (updated drivers) Maximum VRAM consumption is 2300Mb (2.3 GB)

-i7-4770k

-SSD 500Gb

-16Gb RAM

The truth is I do not know what else to do, it's desperate

Edited by ZOMKILL

Hi

I have found that my old saves started before & during the patching of this game stutter. My original saves are unplayable on a hard drive but playable on a SSD(less stutter). New saves don't stutter but performance degrades over time. At around level 36 the problems start for me. To test for i/o stutter start a new character, switch off your esp mods(I do this by temporarily removing them in the AppData/Local/Fallout4 plugins.txt file.) If the stutter is gone, you have an i/o problem.

Sata SSDs are not fast enough to overcome the limitations of this game. I am hopping that M.2 SSDs are.

The resent Nvidia drivers have not been kind to this game. This mainly effects 1000 series cards. I now visit the Geforce forums at least twice a week looking for solutions.

For example for this game I use adaptive vsync. Without it the game stutters on both my GTX 1080 rig & my 980ti rig. If I use it on Skyrim SE that game stutters.

Anti aliasing, FXAA & TAA can cause stutter. The video driver AA stutters less. FXAA also can causes screen tearing. Video settings have become a virtual mine field.

Gone are the days that it is best to have the most recant video drivers. I use 375.70 for my 900 series & 376.09 for my 1000 series card. If Mass Effect Andromeda can run without an update I will be happy.

Later

Guys solution to the microstuttering of the official forums of bethesda, thanks to a friendly user who answered and helped me in the support forum, is more ... is the official bethesda solution regarding the 64hgz bug (no kidding)

Solution to microstuttering

When your in the launcher menu,after selecting the borderless can sometimes change the resolution.

Make sure to change the resolution back to your monitor size after selecting the windows mode borderless mode.

If this doesn't work, then you may need to manually modify a ini file located here as an example.

C:\Users\YOURWINDOWSNAME\Documents\My Games\Fallout4

Look for the file called Fallout4Prefs.ini,open it with the notepad.

Edit the following lines like so:

bMaximizeWindow=1
bBorderless=1
bFull Screen=0
iSize H=1080
iSize W=1920

aef2faff-2ff3-4770-b75b-64308cd35436.png

I hope you serve me, I worked 100% 100 in fact as I said before, it's the official bethesda solution, you just have to do what the instructions say, simply what you put in the description

Edited by ZOMKILL

This may seem like an odd question but do you have the program Malwarebytes on your system??

I at least if, why do you ask?

favicon-128.png Malwarebytes makes some games stutter, it's a good program but it does do it.

I made a post about it informing people.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5465692-malwarebytes-and-the-fallout-4-stutter/

If you do have it try turning off self-protection module in it settings under protection and startup options, and try the game see if that helps.

But do turn it back on after playing. :)