The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition

dthumb

Not sure if trolling or stupid.

I never said it helped lower piracy. They help make there legit customer enjoy the game without the hassle of bulls*** software (skyrim *wink wink*)

You know, I only meant that as despite them being one of the most customer-centric developers out there, people still pirate their games like crazy. Why are you pissing your pants over that?

Edited by Halororor

Pirates will pirates game. As much as companies try to stop it, it is unavoidable. some people got no consience. And yeah, unlike Skyrim, CDR aren't punishing there customers by FORCING you (don't give me that stupid argument either, it is forcing, just like Origins, you need internet, you NEED steam to play it) to install another software to play there games. I wouldn't give a damn about steam if it would be a Multiplayer game, but for a single player game? really? Some people don't like being "forced" to use a software they have absolutly no NEED for. Some may like being reminded to spent there money on games they will never play, some will just adore the digital destribution service and think of it as the redemption of PC gaming, some really couldn't care less. I ain't pissing myself either tyvm.

TL;DR: CDPR don't force 3rd party software to play a SP game. Some people think Steam is the guardian angel of PC gaming. Some don't like it.

Edit: this is my last statement in this thread, the topic has already been derailed.

Edited by HellsMaster

I don't care what you people think of me but adding content that was suppose to be in the base game in the first place feels really cheap. This feels like those cheap DLC that you'll be forced to buy, sorry but something so simple as a tutorial was a must in the base game and as such I don't give a flip over this. Most of these don't really add anything to the main story or to lore, sorry but they should have gone to see what needs fixing in TW2 and start pre-developing TW3.

Sendo: There are two main reasons why CDR can do this and others can't. One, they are part of a powerful company in Poland (imagine the Polish version of Sony Entertainment), which has the funds to make this and two wages in Poland are lower than UK, US and Canada, where the bulk of Western games are made. They already have a steady cashflow from gog and various other projects, which many companies don't have. It's why the rest of the industry are considering to enter the digital downloads market and start up their own download client servers.

But...errr...the whole point is, we AREN'T paying for it. I know that you are a big fan of the Dragon Age games, but I seem to recall us getting royally stung for every penny for the DLC's for those, just the same as Bethesda do. Don't tell me that EA and Beth can't afford it if CDPR can.

So, if you "don't give a flip over this", why post about it? Unless, as Halororor says, it is just to troll. Have you actually played the game and have a genuine idea of what needs fixing? I haven't found any bugs. There are things about the game with which I struggle because of my hand disability, for example the QTE's, but that's just me. One of the QTE's I couldn't get past because I don't always strike the keys hard enough to register, I had to have help with that.

Halororor, HellsMaster, think there were a few crossed wires, I took what Halororor was saying to mean that it was ironic and a probably bit of a shame that people still pirate the game.

@nosisab, what DRM? I bought Witcher 2 from GOG.com as a digital download and it was DRM free.

Halororor, HellsMaster, think there were a few crossed wires, I took what Halororor was saying to mean that it was ironic and a probably bit of a shame that people still pirate the game.

Yep, exactly what I meant. CDProjekt is one of the best developers out there, and they actually care for their customers, but people still steal from them. It really is a shame.

As for DRM, the retail version had Securom, I believe. CDPrjekt wanted to go without DRM entirely, but their retail publishers refused. Only the GoG version released without DRM.

Edited by Halororor

I believe with the last patch that TW2 had, DRM was removed completely from the retail copy. I really should of got that...but I wound up buying it on Steam because I would have been darn lucky to even find it at a store here (with the exception of Walmart, but I refuse to shop there). Haven't had an issue with it on Steam, so I can't complain.

Great company. They did the same for the first Witcher. I love it that they actually give you the game, no DLC bullcrap. Yeah, you got some special DLC if you ordered from Gamestop or whatever, but later on everyone got it.

I can't wait for this to come out. The game was already smooth and great to play, I wonder what else they will add. It said something about new characters, I wonder if Shani will re-appear :D

Ah, I see. I thought there was some reason why I cancelled with Amazon and ordered from GOG. That must have been it.

Yeah, I should have gone GOG as well, instead of retail. On release day there were some issues with the DRM's authentication servers, and I couldn't start playing until they fixed it. Was really frustrating.

I can't wait for this to come out. The game was already smooth and great to play, I wonder what else they will add. It said something about new characters, I wonder if Shani will re-appear :D

When I heard them mention secret characters, the 1st one I thought of was a meet with the other Witchers from Kaer Morhen (other characters are either dead or may mess up the canon story or something XD ). Now for Shani... I chose her over Triss on Witcher1 (completely forgot about her lol). Maybe they'll let you choose again or they have some sort of mage battle... sounds interesting.