3DS Max Collision/NifSkope Question

ryanfss

I'm a little unclear on the end process for collision meshes generated in 3DS MAX.

I'm working on a roof. Said roof has 4 objects in Max. I've selected all, cloned, did the collision, exported, and passed through Elric which gave one object of the four w/ collision.

2nd way I did it was to reset x form, collapse to single item, and on through the rest of process.

So should I be doing it the first way piece by piece and trying to assemble in nifskope or the second way and taking that collision and copying it into the original Nif?

I may be on the wrong track altogether but every tutorial I can find is on a sphere or some single object like it. Sorry for the "clear as concrete" post, but any pointers/links/help is greatly appreciated.

The way I found easiest and best

Import your mesh

Break apart all pieces that should be broken

Make some shape and link the broken shapes to the created one.

Assign the collision body

Select pieces which should bear the same material and give them the appropriate collision type

Select the created mesh, export selected

OK, As an example, with the roof you would separate the tin from the wood, link it all to a created shape of some kind, assign separate collisions to the pieces, put it all back together and export? I'm not sure I followed that right. What is the purpose of the misc shape?

The misc shape receives the BSX Material which allows it to be visible after passing thru elric. Once converted, I go and open my other nif with the correct mesh and start copying over its content over the one with the collision, removing the misc shape and renaming everything correct.

And yes, you break it all down, link to that shape, assign the collision modifier and then materials as needed.