When Freedom Calls quest not starting

momafcrs

Hi everyone.

After meeting Preston for the first time the quest to help him never starts, yet the game progresses normally until I kill all the raiders and the deathclaw. Then Preston just keeps standing on the balcony saying "please help us" (or something like that) effectively breaking the main quest line. The quest never shows up in the pip-boy, and the Out of Time quest is marked as completed.

I tried:

- using the console commands to manually start the quest or change the quest stage

- reloading the previous save and reverting to a default timescale (I had it set to 10)

- disabling all of the .esm and .esp files except the official ones

I played on a different NMM profile with fairly similar load order about a week ago and I had no problems with this quest.

Edited by momafcrs

• 4 weeks later...

I played on a different NMM profile with fairly similar load order about a week ago and I had no problems with this quest.

you already know where to start your search

Congratulations, you are no help whatsoever.

I'm having exactly the same problem. I am 100% sure it's related to some mod I just recently downloaded. I'll report back to this thread if I figure out what mod(s) are causing this problem.

Based on what I've been seeing it DOES seem to be some mod related issue. However, it doesn't seem to be as simple as just getting rid of mods as the bug seems to be baked into the game at this point. I ended up doing a complete restart of my game and the issue did not return (at least on the first run which, granted, I ran straight to Concord after leaving the vault).

Based on what I've been seeing it DOES seem to be some mod related issue. However, it doesn't seem to be as simple as just getting rid of mods as the bug seems to be baked into the game at this point. I ended up doing a complete restart of my game and the issue did not return (at least on the first run which, granted, I ran straight to Concord after leaving the vault).

Same here, when I started a new game with exact same load order the quest worked just fine.

you already know where to start your search

Congratulations, you are no help whatsoever.

I'm having exactly the same problem. I am 100% sure it's related to some mod I just recently downloaded. I'll report back to this thread if I figure out what mod(s) are causing this problem.

His answer is fine. No informations are given. No mod list / mods that are installed. This is mod related, as it works in the vanilla game, flawless. No information, no help.

Edit: This is also the wrong forum. This belongs to Mod troubleshooting, not tech issues.