ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Things that suck about skyrim

SMDmcmuffin3

Don't get me wrong this is actually my favorite game since new vegas, BUT the thing that makes me want to whip this game out my window is the fact that I'm CONSTANTLY having to make a backup save every flippin hour or I have to spend countless hours trying to find a f***ing fix in the console for these god forsaken bugs ! :wallbash:

My most recent bug is one where I'm completely unable to purchase or buy a house in Riften . I've completed that stupid skooma quest, cleared out the cave, helped that bum that works in the stables out with his debt problem (well not really I just talked to her and she paid me to drop the topic :dance: ), and practically every "helping hand" quest you can do in riften . So off to "reach" or whatever it's called I went, talked to the yarl and she said "Oh your so awesome doing these nice thing in my city .. BLAH BLAH BLAH .. I'll present you yarl if you purchase a house .. :happy: " Me: Ok, sounds great .. Really the only reason why I helped those dumb f*cks in the first place ... But here's a question for you your highness .. How the hell am I suppose to be announced thane if I buy a house if you don't even give me the friggin option ?! :verymad: :wallbash: "

I don't know bout any of you but these small no HUGE pains in the ass makes me wants to move on till Bethesda gets ontop of their friggin game or a group of modders can actually do a better job than them >:(

And I just figured I vent some steam and see if I could get a fix .. once again .. for this stupid glitch .. But, knowing my luck I bet that everyone that reads this thinks I'm speaking jibbarish or some s*** and have no idea how to fix it and just throw stupid comments "i think your suppose to talk to the yarl ..?" "........................................................................ -___-" *punches*"

Your very first stupid comment in response to your post. You buy houses from the stewards.

Your second stupid comment. Lololololololo!

You both deserve slaps you trollers >.< xD

Let me see if I got this right. I'm a troll because I answered your post. Have fun with the game.

I don't know that the steward is bugged. Sometimes you just have to talk to him or her during business hours. You may not be able to wake them up in the middle of the night and buy a house or furnishings for same.

That said, I don't like how quest items have weight. Those stupid Stones of Barenziah get heavy after awhile.

Vampires suck. It's not much different than ES4. I want feeding to make me stronger and advance me into new levels of vampirism rather than making me weaker. Same goes with Werewolves. Why even be a werewolf? If you run into some place, kill everyone, how is it any different than if you did it in human form. My point is I should become stronger the more I kill as a werewolf. I should have magic and normal weapon resist, high regeneration, etc. and those things should continue to advance the longer I am a werewolf. Instead, werewolf is a novelty that is fun until you realize how vulnerable you are and how easy it is to be killed as a werewolf. If I'm going to take on the curse of one of these things I should get something out of it.

Glass armor looks stoopid. And I don't like the Elven and Glass swords. I thought ES4 Elven swords were beautiful, but now they are bronze looking crap.

Spriggans are hard to kill. Least they could do is drop more than one taproot. They used to drop a bunch of alchemy ingredients. sigh.

Alchemy perk tree encourages cheating. You have to spend several perk points before you can get to experimenter perk which will allow you to use wortcraft to learn other effects. That is a waste of ingredients and time. But at the same time to use a printout of ingredients to make potions and decode the effects is painstaking and boring.

Why can't I blow up the Thieves Guild the same way I can blow up the Dark Brotherhood? When I first started the Thieves Guild main questline I felt dirty. I didn't like strong arming working class shop owners and other kinds of thuggery. It's one thing to rip off the rich and quite another for the rich to be employing you to rip off the poor. I wanted to kill everyone of those buggers but Beth won't let us. They're just as dirty as DB.

Why won't Beth let Babette die as well? She's 300 years old. I don't care if she has the body of a child. She's not a child. She's a cold blooded killer. If I eliminate the DB then she should go too. Same with Cicero broken down on the road. I'll take his outfit from him right there on the side of the road.

Beth is still making games for kids. Not enough blood, not enough gore, not enough bad language, no sex, no nudity, just a sterilized PG rated game. The least they could have done was made an adult version that could be activated with a code that is specific to your game copy. No ID no activation.

Combat is improved but there is so much more room for improvement. Why settle for OK?

Quests are repetitive and not very involving. Some of the main quest lines are in-depth but they always seem to end quickly. I think the ES4 Mages Guild Quest was twice as long as ES5.

Dragons are way to easy to kill. I can barely take down Draugrs but I can last in a fight with a dragon? Fortunately there's a mod for that, but why do we have to create what Beth should have created for us?

The UI is crap. I'm used to it now but I still don't like it. It jumps around when I'm adding or removing items. That is very frustrating and can be expensive if I have to buy something back.

I could go on but I got to go.

I don't know that the steward is bugged. Sometimes you just have to talk to him or her during business hours. You may not be able to wake them up in the middle of the night and buy a house or furnishings for same.

That said, I don't like how quest items have weight. Those stupid Stones of Barenziah get heavy after awhile.

Vampires suck. It's not much different than ES4. I want feeding to make me stronger and advance me into new levels of vampirism rather than making me weaker. Same goes with Werewolves. Why even be a werewolf? If you run into some place, kill everyone, how is it any different than if you did it in human form. My point is I should become stronger the more I kill as a werewolf. I should have magic and normal weapon resist, high regeneration, etc. and those things should continue to advance the longer I am a werewolf. Instead, werewolf is a novelty that is fun until you realize how vulnerable you are and how easy it is to be killed as a werewolf. If I'm going to take on the curse of one of these things I should get something out of it.

Glass armor looks stoopid. And I don't like the Elven and Glass swords. I thought ES4 Elven swords were beautiful, but now they are bronze looking crap.

Spriggans are hard to kill. Least they could do is drop more than one taproot. They used to drop a bunch of alchemy ingredients. sigh.

Alchemy perk tree encourages cheating. You have to spend several perk points before you can get to experimenter perk which will allow you to use wortcraft to learn other effects. That is a waste of ingredients and time. But at the same time to use a printout of ingredients to make potions and decode the effects is painstaking and boring.

Why can't I blow up the Thieves Guild the same way I can blow up the Dark Brotherhood? When I first started the Thieves Guild main questline I felt dirty. I didn't like strong arming working class shop owners and other kinds of thuggery. It's one thing to rip off the rich and quite another for the rich to be employing you to rip off the poor. I wanted to kill everyone of those buggers but Beth won't let us. They're just as dirty as DB.

Why won't Beth let Babette die as well? She's 300 years old. I don't care if she has the body of a child. She's not a child. She's a cold blooded killer. If I eliminate the DB then she should go too. Same with Cicero broken down on the road. I'll take his outfit from him right there on the side of the road.

Beth is still making games for kids. Not enough blood, not enough gore, not enough bad language, no sex, no nudity, just a sterilized PG rated game. The least they could have done was made an adult version that could be activated with a code that is specific to your game copy. No ID no activation.

Combat is improved but there is so much more room for improvement. Why settle for OK?

Quests are repetitive and not very involving. Some of the main quest lines are in-depth but they always seem to end quickly. I think the ES4 Mages Guild Quest was twice as long as ES5.

Dragons are way to easy to kill. I can barely take down Draugrs but I can last in a fight with a dragon? Fortunately there's a mod for that, but why do we have to create what Beth should have created for us?

The UI is crap. I'm used to it now but I still don't like it. It jumps around when I'm adding or removing items. That is very frustrating and can be expensive if I have to buy something back.

I could go on but I got to go.

Finally someone who shares the same opinions !!!! I 100% agree !! The critics were way too soft . Like this game has way too much potential and Bethesda just took a MAJOR s*** on this game ... =/ I agree with the kid thing too I mean like kids shouldn't be aloud to play games like this so F*CK them make a game for adults ! Like really . But even so kids play Gears of War 3 which is really gory and with a lot of language ! So why can't this game have it ...?

And the thing with Vampires, someone actually made a mod that makes Vampires more like Vampires .. Not like fragile old women >.< The link is here: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=7367 This pretty much does what you want, you get stronger as you feed and for the dragons try Deadly Dragons http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=3829 It makes them almost too hard >.<

And I know what you mean, I plan on learning to do some modding with CK and I hope to get some good alternative starts and better quest and all that .. I'll see how it goes .. I figure that it'll prob be really hard >.< xD