I demand Aedric armor! Please?

maefire

The Divines actually are Aedra, but not all the Aedra are part of the Divines. Aedra not considered part of the Divines include Lorkhan, who became the world, and Magnus, the god of sorcery. Aedra are similar to the Daedra, in that both were among the original inhabitants of the universe, but whereas the Aedra gave some of their substance to create the world, the Daedra withheld their essence. This is why the Divines do not directly interfere with mortals as the Daedra do (a possible exception is Talos, who spoke directly to the Nerevarine, but he is a special case).

Personally, I think that "Aedric armour" would be tough to fit into the lore. I can't imagine why the Aedra would have ever had any use for armour, as by the time reality was created they were no longer really a part of it. Still, you could just go the KotN route and create armour used by knights in the service of the Divines.

On Aedra: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Aedra

oh wow. you are so completely right. I kept thinking the nine divines werent until a bit ago, when i was crafting an amulet of the nine, and realized...duh.. amulet of the nine Aedra.. I swear sometimes I think I need a lobotomy.

Well, how about this...the Dragonborn is fighting to prevent the end of the world, right? And we have seen how the Elder Scrolls open up time portals, so how about such a portal lets some Aedric armour fall into the Dragonborn's hands from the next world? So you could work in the Aedra having this armour to protect the champion of the previous world for some reason.

Just brainstorming...

:) I believe you are not native English speaker for "demand" almost made me skip the thread without ever looking into it. Not than I pretend to correct anyone's English for mine is horrible but... Edited by nosisab

:) I believe you are not native English speaker for "demand" almost made me skip the thread without ever looking into it. Not than I pretend to correct anyone's English for mine is horrible but...

Uh...huh... Actually, I will have you know that my English is quite fine. The way that the word 'demand' was used is correct in that syntax. However, the title would be considered a sentence fragment, because I did not state certain things. I did this on purpose, so that I would not have an absurdly long topic title.

If you are not going to contribute to the topic at hand and just wish to try to bash the English of someone who has written and published a fair share of short stories, with a book in progress, then you can take your happy trolling butt off the forums, before I report you to the admins/moderators for the flaming.

Around here, demands have a particularly negative connotation. My grandma used to say, "you can catch more flies with honey." And so it is true.

In the same vein as your title, I demand you learn to mod and make it yourself. Right?

Sorry, I did not want to look the (in)famous grammar nazi for as I stated my English mastering is far from mastering at all. It's just I have always understood "I demand it" as something like "I command it done", forcible request, exigence... but the smile was to say I understood after reading (and the please in the title showed you was not purposefully "demanding" someone to make the mod for you, but requesting). Edited by nosisab

Paladins killing people is nothing new and it's not dark paladinry. They serve God. Sometimes God demands that you feed the hungry, sometimes God demands that you clothe the poor, and sometimes God demands you retake the Holy Land in His name, if human history is any indicator. :P If you're killing because you believe God would ask it of you, then you are in line with traditional Paladin thinking.

I demand you learn to mod and make it yourself. Right?

What if your simply not good at modding?

Just curious....

Sorry, I did not want to look the (in)famous grammar nazi for as I stated my English mastering is far from mastering at all. It's just I have always understood "I demand it" as something like "I command it done", forcible request, exigence... but the smile was to say I understood after reading (and the please in the title showed you was not purposefully "demanding" someone to make the mod for you, but requesting).

thank you for the apology. I meant the demand as a playful joke. Next time I shall, as you say, put a smiley. :)

Edited by maefire

Around here, demands have a particularly negative connotation. My grandma used to say, "you can catch more flies with honey." And so it is true.

In the same vein as your title, I demand you learn to mod and make it yourself. Right?

Is a lack of humor also part of the community? o.o

As for learning to Mod the stuff... I will when I get my second graphics card, but until then, my computer is on POS status. Heck.. I might even do this mod if no one else does.