CK Update

gengrimm

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This really got my inspiration flowing! I want to start working on some beautiful house/mansion/castle mods right away :D I haven't modded since Morrowind so I guess I have some catching up to do, which makes me a little bit scared. I don't have as much free time (the same priorities) now a days as I once had, several years ago when I could spend an entire weekend reading about the development of MEmod ^^ I hope to get back in to modding again, and this really made me more eager than ever!

Another tweet from Bethblog: "not today. it will be next week"

Why, oh why am I once again unsurprised? Good grief, they've been saying the phrase "next week" for the last three months. We've got the rhythm already. Next week will come and ago, then they'll be saying "next week" again, and so on... hence why I've un-subscribed to the sticky thread.

Very disappointing because I start school again next week. Ugh.

Edited by Lehcar

Another tweet from Bethblog: "not today. it will be next week"

Why, oh why am I once again unsurprised? Good grief, they've been saying the phrase "next week" for the last three months. We've got the rhythm already. Next week will come and ago, then they'll be saying "next week" again, and so on... hence why I've un-subscribed to the sticky thread.

Very disappointing because I start school again next week. Ugh.

Whoever that mouthpiece is he needs a good talking to about continually making false promises. I would rather nothing be said than @ALL than false info.

With everyone talking about scripting and stuff. Its always got me interested.

Is it quite difficult and time consuming, becuase I have never tried. Would the CK be a good place to start? Or should I practice on the previous modding tools?

To be honest, I would probably wait over the weekend. Unless you've got several hours than start looking in to Python programming language - I hear Papyrus is going to most resemble that.

If you don't know the basics of scripting like while loops, for loops, if/elseif and general structure, than I would check out some scripting tutorials. The Skyrim scripting is said to dramatically differ from past games.

They said "beginning in January" we would have the CK; it's the 3rd of February and still nothing, just a generic "soon".

Don't get me wrong, I love the game and I appreciate the developers for what they've done, but this is just poor PR.

It wouldn't be Beth without poor PR.

DAT PREVIEW. :D

You know, besides all the stuff with it being delayed, I'm glad that they gave us a look at what we'll be getting. I must say, the Creation Kit looks...tidier than the Construction Sets were. I hope to got that they have added the option to select all->add hair and eye options to races. Dragging each eye from Elaborate Eyes in Oblivion practically made me die from old age. T_T

HOPEFULLY, one of the reasons why it is being delayed is because they are adding as much information to the wiki as possible. Especially since they are using a brand new type of scripting for it, I don't want to be left floating with no life jacket. :ohdear: The last wiki was really easy to read and helpful - hope this one is the same.

BUT, the one thing in the vid that made me the most spastic...DAT SCENE EDITOR. :dance: QUESTS! GLORIOUS QUESTS AND CUT SCENES! Wait...I need to write a script! Quick - SOMEONE HAND ME A PENCIL!!!! D: