1.4 Patch?

AurianaValoria1

Well after 3 hours of testing the 1.4 patch I can say i'm not impressed, 3 freeeze game and 1 CTD always when I open my inventory window, of course i've updated SKSE to v 1.4.9 (beta) and also Skyui to the last updated version

I was afraid something would go wrong with all the mods but those are suppose to be compatible with the 1.4 patch

The worse is that for all the bugs there is or was (that remains to be seen) i've never experienced a freezed game or a CTD before the game was running just fine not even a stutter and all settings were at max....

TOO bad...

This is why I am still running 1.3 and will continue to do so. Too many folks are having problems with 1.4 but I also think it is because of mods that are not compatible with 1.4. Seems the updates with the exception of 1.3 have caused problems.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, another person who got the update despite setting it to not update right here. So I went with it, whatever, I'll make a copy of the data folder, redownload the game and start a new character vanilla until incompatible stuff catches up.

No-error instant CTDs completely at random, but they always happen before 20 minutes of gameplay has passed. Stuttering gameplay at seemingly random times, as in a dragon and 30+ npcs runs smooth as silk, but the inside of a house? Stuttering. Works the other way around, too, hence entirely random. I have not had a single CTD before this patch, even after packing in the mods. Is it something I did, Bethesda? Why does your game no longer like my computer?

On a personal note, I've had a rough month in and out of the hospital but still working full-time, I was just going to step back from all my responsibilities today and tomorrow and relax. Part of that plan was to play some Skyrim, maybe even get the main story finished. I'm just disappointed now.

I just wish I could roll back to the old version and play while I had the time to. :[

I've had a couple of CTD's but mainly I had freezes. Maybe if I wait 10 minutes the game will start working?

edit: and I'm talking about 10-15 freezes at least. And stuttering but that could be from mods. Also I've never had a single freeze/crash before this patch. wtf? And I've been modding my game like crazy

Edited by babis8142

Nothing but CTD and red model loading screens. Latest drivers, clean install, and all I've read about tells me I did something with ugrids. Being unmodded right now and on a set of fresh .ini I doubt this is the problem. Game is unplayable.

Ive run into a problem, i havent had time to play skyrim for more than 10mins since the patch (work dammit :-()

And so I have some tiem to kill now, I launched it and it says :

Failure to Contact suscribed Files

as in data files / mods etc

So im thinking its trying to find them on the steam workshop that technically doesnt exist as of yet.

I went into data files and they were all unticked

Im using some mods that add new crafting stuff, but thats it at the moment. If I try and tick them the same message appears, then the skyrim launcher crashes (stops responding)

So I try and load a save with the mods that were on (they are now turned off) and it says its corrupted.

Granted I can start a new game and its fine, but I dont want to lose my level 70 character, ill report again if I get any crashes which seem common for other gamers.

But I cant use any mods at the moment, could this be the start of steam screwing with my game and only allowing mods from steam workshop? (the message that pops up is actually named Steam on the task manager!!)

Edited by thelonewarrior

Ive run into a problem, i havent had time to play skyrim for more than 10mins since the patch (work dammit :-()

And so I have some tiem to kill now, I launched it and it says :

Failure to Contact suscribed Files

as in data files / mods etc

So im thinking its trying to find them on the steam workshop that technically doesnt exist as of yet.

I went into data files and they were all unticked

Im using some mods that add new crafting stuff, but thats it at the moment. If I try and tick them the same message appears, then the skyrim launcher crashes (stops responding)

So I try and load a save with the mods that were on (they are now turned off) and it says its corrupted.

Granted I can start a new game and its fine, but I dont want to lose my level 70 character, ill report again if I get any crashes which seem common for other gamers.

But I cant use any mods at the moment, could this be the start of steam screwing with my game and only allowing mods from steam workshop? (the message that pops up is actually named Steam on the task manager!!)

PS: I also apologise for going on about steam in my last reply, I was just pointing out some of the facts, if anyone knows how to take screenshots on a laptop as my button to make a screenshot doesnt work ill post a pic of this error message