1.4 Patch?

AurianaValoria1

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that some folks have to jump right into a possible bad situation instead of waiting. Past history with Skyrim patches causing problems has been an ongoing issue. For those of you that are having all these problems with the new patch you only have yourselves to blame. Patch 1.3 was and is a stable release and I am still using it since I WAIT to read the posts after a new patch comes out before jumping on it. For those that are blaming Stream, that is not the problem. Most likely it is a mod that is being run that is not compatible with the new patch or the new patch is just breaking the game for some people. My motto is If it ain't broke don't fix it. Yes Version 1.3 has some quest bugs, but I can live with that and some can be fixed or walked around via console commands. Other than that 1.3 is running great for me no problems at all. I will stay with 1.3 for a while until all the bad feedback on the new patch is ironed out. I cannot understand why the Skyrim patches are causing so many problems. I have never seen this with any other games when a new patch came out. Normally the patches fixed issues and did not make things worse but again this has been a trend with the Skyrim patches of making things worse for some folks. Hope this is a lesson learned for some of you. Sometimes it is better to wait and observe instead of jumping right in to a possible hornets nest.

I decided to Delete Everything and Re-install the Game, now the Patches are Uploading.

Should i still keep the Saves with the Broken Quests like the fact that Farkas is still stuck with me because of no Dragon at Dragon Tooth Canyon or the fact that all of a sudden i get a Journal Update where the Blonde Chick tells me its a good thing i Killed Paarthunax yet he is very much alive, or the fact that i need to clear out a Fort with Bandits but the Fort never Re-loaded with New Bandits so the Quest Giver gives me Another Job while Ignoring the previous one or the fact that i have 5 Journal Report to Skald Entries and Quest Items are still stuck in my Inventory.

I suppose Clutter and Dead Bodies lying around or Floating things is normal.

Why is it that some folks have to jump right into a possible bad situation instead of waiting. Past history with Skyrim patches causing problems has been an ongoing issue. For those of you that are having all these problems with the new patch you only have yourselves to blame. Patch 1.3 was and is a stable release and I am still using it since I WAIT to read the posts after a new patch comes out before jumping on it. For those that are blaming Stream, that is not the problem. Most likely it is a mod that is being run that is not compatible with the new patch or the new patch is just breaking the game for some people. My motto is If it ain't broke don't fix it. Yes Version 1.3 has some quest bugs, but I can live with that and some can be fixed or walked around via console commands. Other than that 1.3 is running great for me no problems at all. I will stay with 1.3 for a while until all the bad feedback on the new patch is ironed out. I cannot understand why the Skyrim patches are causing so many problems. I have never seen this with any other games when a new patch came out. Normally the patches fixed issues and did not make things worse but again this has been a trend with the Skyrim patches of making things worse for some folks. Hope this is a lesson learned for some of you. Sometimes it is better to wait and observe instead of jumping right in to a possible hornets nest.

ERm because they didnt have a choice to update it or not, how many times do I have to go through this?

We dont jump into a bad situation, Steam pushes us.

I Have all my settings set to offline mode, and NOT auto update, because I saw how bad the 1.2 patch was and didnt want it until it was fixed, yet with the 1.2 patch It still updated and when I tried to cancel it, it told me skyrim could not be played until it was updated, SO HOW IS THAT MY FAULT?

I contacted steam and you know what? It took them 2 weeks to reply to my email and they told me my computer was probably not up to specs. Im running on a 6G top of the range gaming computer that is brand new, I overkill Skyrim almost triple on its recommended requirments and still I was forced to download the patch.

I had two choices:

Never play skyrim again, the game I paid good money for as it wont let me play until I update

Install the patch and hope for the best, the 1.2 that I was forced to download ruined my game until it was fixed in the next patch, luckily the 1,4 was ok and runs smoothly though I havent played skyrim much since yesterday.

DO NOT bash people when you are one of the few that has no issues with steam, you know nothing about the havoc it causes for example:

If ONE of my games needs an update, I cant play ANY of my games on steam until its updated. Regardless of whether its set to offline mode, the moment it picks up an internet connection steam somehow 'detects' the update even in offline mode and wont let me play until I connect and Download it.

I Have all my settings set to offline, no auto updates and it still does it even in offline mode it trys to, I suppose it must be my fault for buying the game

Edited by thelonewarrior

Anybody else notice more bugs and crashes with the new patch? My game froze while opening a newly unlocked container... never happened before, not even after six solid hours of playing.

- Whoops, didn't notice others had compained too! Guess It's not just me! Oh well.

Edited by Saania

I'm expieriencing some problems with 1.4 just game instability it closes down, I have updated all the mods I had and so on so it might just be conflicts with the mods but I can't be sure.

Crash 1: I was just browsing the level up menu and it died.

Crash 2: Was attempting to loot a corpse and it died.

I'm also upset with this thread as someone has revealed a part of the main story line which I have not reached yet thanks bro!

So far so good after over 8 hours of playing time. Went through all the Betas and that went well and the new release appears to have not caused any problems to this point. I will cross my fingers. I was surprised to see that I got a 5 FPS on average boost while in Whiterun with 1.4 over the latest Beta.......wasn't expecting that but it was a nice surprise!!!!!