1.4 Patch?

AurianaValoria1

I hear what thelonewarrior is saying. People bash Steam because it is totally a law unto itself and not configurable as it makes itself out to be. I have sometimes run into issues with Steam putting itself back online after a totally unrelated PC reboot, for example after updating video drivers/antivirus definitions/Windows/other software, anything that requires a reboot to configure.

That said, I am having no issues at all with the latest patch.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could very easily turn into a thread about the large and seemingly neverending variety of reasons why Steam is an unwanted piece of crap, but Lonewarrior hit the main gripe, I think.

Anyway, there are too many posts here and elsewhere of the "OMG game is teh br0kz3red!" flavor followed by "Oh, it worked after disabling <list of mods>." Disable your mods and check again before saying the thing is broke. The mods will probably be updated shortly (especially SKSE).

too many people here say they dont like steam, why the f*** do they use it then??? beats me. if i hated something, i wouldnt use it, simple as.

edit: anyway, the new patch is pretty good for me. no problems so far.

?!? You use no steam version of Skyrim ? :)

Why is it that some folks have to jump right into a possible bad situation instead of waiting. Past history with Skyrim patches causing problems has been an ongoing issue. For those of you that are having all these problems with the new patch you only have yourselves to blame. Patch 1.3 was and is a stable release and I am still using it since I WAIT to read the posts after a new patch comes out before jumping on it. For those that are blaming Stream, that is not the problem. Most likely it is a mod that is being run that is not compatible with the new patch or the new patch is just breaking the game for some people. My motto is If it ain't broke don't fix it. Yes Version 1.3 has some quest bugs, but I can live with that and some can be fixed or walked around via console commands. Other than that 1.3 is running great for me no problems at all. I will stay with 1.3 for a while until all the bad feedback on the new patch is ironed out. I cannot understand why the Skyrim patches are causing so many problems. I have never seen this with any other games when a new patch came out. Normally the patches fixed issues and did not make things worse but again this has been a trend with the Skyrim patches of making things worse for some folks. Hope this is a lesson learned for some of you. Sometimes it is better to wait and observe instead of jumping right in to a possible hornets nest.

ERm because they didnt have a choice to update it or not, how many times do I have to go through this?

We dont jump into a bad situation, Steam pushes us.

I Have all my settings set to offline mode, and NOT auto update, because I saw how bad the 1.2 patch was and didnt want it until it was fixed, yet with the 1.2 patch It still updated and when I tried to cancel it, it told me skyrim could not be played until it was updated, SO HOW IS THAT MY FAULT?

I contacted steam and you know what? It took them 2 weeks to reply to my email and they told me my computer was probably not up to specs. Im running on a 6G top of the range gaming computer that is brand new, I overkill Skyrim almost triple on its recommended requirments and still I was forced to download the patch.

I had two choices:

Never play skyrim again, the game I paid good money for as it wont let me play until I update

Install the patch and hope for the best, the 1.2 that I was forced to download ruined my game until it was fixed in the next patch, luckily the 1,4 was ok and runs smoothly though I havent played skyrim much since yesterday.

DO NOT bash people when you are one of the few that has no issues with steam, you know nothing about the havoc it causes for example:

If ONE of my games needs an update, I cant play ANY of my games on steam until its updated. Regardless of whether its set to offline mode, the moment it picks up an internet connection steam somehow 'detects' the update even in offline mode and wont let me play until I connect and Download it.

I Have all my settings set to offline, no auto updates and it still does it even in offline mode it trys to, I suppose it must be my fault for buying the game

I am playing in offline mode and Stream has not forced a update on me. I am still running 1.3. Cannot understand how you had a forced update using offline mode. However, I never changed any stream settings just selected offline mode when I open up stream.

too many people here say they dont like steam, why the f*** do they use it then??? beats me. if i hated something, i wouldnt use it, simple as.

It's unbelievable someone still comes with such question after so many saying they are Forced do use it, if you never had to do something against your will this means only a very short term memory, seriously.

It's unbelievable someone still comes with such question after so many saying they are Forced do use it, if you never had to do something against your will this means only a very short term memory, seriously.

Quite so, nosisab. I can't quite believe that he hasn't got it yet. We use it because we have no choice if we wish to play the game legally, which the vast majority including myself do (I have two legitimate copies actually).