What game needs. Pre-release creation kit investigation.

Nedellis

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which type of mod do you think that game needs?

• Balancing abilities and perks
    • New items to craft or find in the world
    • New land, quest and adventures
    • Other
  2. 2. About new land, quest and adventure, what do you think game needs?

• New quest and adventures in vanilla zones (outdoors)
    • New quest and adventures in vanilla zones (dungeons)
    • New quest and adventures in new dungeons (in vanilla land)
    • New land to explore, new dungeons, with new quest and adventures
  3. 3. Do you think that dialogues are a must for a good quest?

• Yes
    • No

I was putting down some ideas and draw some rough for mods ideas, when i thought that before doing anything i must have a better idea about what community wants.

So, please answer the questions, and suggest ideas ;).

Edited by Nedellis

All of the above.

Actually, you forgot one very important aspect of the Creation Kit: Bug Fixes. I want those more than I want new dungeons/armors/weapons/quests/companions/overhauls.

In the name of new lands and adventures:

1.) Dwemer questline: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/551557-return-of-the-dwemersnow-elves/

2.) Expansion into Cyrodiil and Morrowind: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/552752-the-elder-scrolls-tamriel/page__p__4489928__hl__morrowind__fromsearch__1#entry4489928

I think an experienced modder with some skill in organization could put together a massive cooperative expansion. The skill, will, and manpower is out there.

Personally, what I want to see more than anything else would be some new bows for Skyrim. Many people have made and ported new swords, axes, and hammers for skyrim but there are pretty much no NEW bows. I think that should be next on the list. Just had to give my two cents on the subject

I think dialogue has been the bane of modern rpgs. Morrowind has the absolute best quests because it is so verbose, its like reading a book. Just because the book isn't speaking to you doesn't make it any less interesting. Not only has dialogue dumbed down quests, it's made it near impossible for modders to add quests unless they find genuine voice talent or use letters and papers. The thing that dialogue does do is add a TON of immersion.