1.4 RUINED my game

SubjectProphet

I'm the ONLY one with this problem??

Again, this is why I hate Steam and wish Skyrim never went to it.

I'm sorry, but i don't understand baseless claims like this... No one else using Steam has experienced the problem, and yet you still blame Steam instead of doing the logical thing and assuming its an issue with YOUR computer?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm the ONLY one with this problem??

Again, this is why I hate Steam and wish Skyrim never went to it.

I'm sorry, but i don't understand baseless claims like this... No one else using Steam has experienced the problem, and yet you still blame Steam instead of doing the logical thing and assuming its an issue with YOUR computer?

Head over to youtube. Millions of people run into problems with Steam. My computer is also Alien Ware when I run Skyrim. Perfect for this kind of stuff. So I DOUBT it's my computer.

I've ALWAYS hated Steam. I get problems with them all the time, on plenty of different computers.

First off, Alienware is an overpriced pile of crap. Second, youtube is hardly a reputable source of information.

Third, you asked a question, were informed that no one else was experiencing a problem (all of whom are steam users) and then you go and blame the exact same program their not experiencing problems with.

Regardless of your past experiences, you don't see the problem with that sequence of events?

First off, Alienware is an overpriced pile of crap. Second, youtube is hardly a reputable source of information.

Third, you asked a question, were informed that no one else was experiencing a problem (all of whom are steam users) and then you go and blame the exact same program their not experiencing problems with.

Regardless of your past experiences, you don't see the problem with that sequence of events?

Other people may not experiance the problem, but someone else could. Ever think of that one? Just because 1,000 other people can easily run Steam, doesn't mean another won't run into a problem.

Alienware is also a GREAT computer. I've never had a problem with it. Great hard disk storage, runs my games smoothly, HD graphic card, etc.

And if 700 other videos show problems with Steam doesn't mean the same as only a couple videos. Clearly, other people run into problems.

YOU may be able to run Steam perfectly, but I can't.

"Great hard disk storage"

lol. That's what I look for in a gaming machine. Sorry but that's hilarious. Made my day.

If this thread turns into this, I just want it deleted. I came looking for help, not for people to insault my computer and laugh at my replies.

Steam didn't ruin your game, you did. Regardless of what youtube videos you care to point to, it's something specific to your setup. Don't blame Steam. Don't blame Beth. And don't blame anyone here for laughing at your boastful "I have Alienware and it has a HD bla bla" claims.

Backup/Remove your Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini files as a good place to start bug tracking.

Other people may not experiance the problem, but someone else could. Ever think of that one? Just because 1,000 other people can easily run Steam, doesn't mean another won't run into a problem.

Alienware is also a GREAT computer. I've never had a problem with it. Great hard disk storage, runs my games smoothly, HD graphic card, etc.

And if 700 other videos show problems with Steam doesn't mean the same as only a couple videos. Clearly, other people run into problems.

YOU may be able to run Steam perfectly, but I can't.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Alien where used to be a good computer name when the were there own company years ago. Since they were bought out they are over priced low end machines. I know I build computers and have been buiding them for years. You couldn't pay me enough to give up my current pc which I built from the ground up for an Alienware pc.

Now since the patch the FPS from the game increased. Only thing for which I've noticed so far is that the quest Waking dead is now broken and can't be advanced and the attunement sphere wasn't removed once the quest was completed. Other then that so far the game is runing great. They even fixed the npc stuttering problem. Not sure about the messy house in Windhelm once you buy it as I've yet to get the chance to buy it as of yet. For some reason to get that house you have to do murder on ice, white phial and who knows what other quests plus do either 1/2 or all of the Civil war quest before you can buy that house for some reason. I so hate that. You should be able to get that house allot earlier than that.

Steam didn't ruin your game, you did. Regardless of what youtube videos you care to point to, it's something specific to your setup. Don't blame Steam. Don't blame Beth. And don't blame anyone here for laughing at your boastful "I have Alienware and it has a HD bla bla" claims.

Backup/Remove your Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini files as a good place to start bug tracking.

I haven't touched my Skyrim since I installed it. I only have one mod. And I didn't "boast" either. I just was saying what computer I have so people know I have a gaming computer.

Once again, the thread goes off track. I also do this on my laptop, a different computer, and it STILL acts up. I mean, it lags because it isn't built for gaming, but it's worse with 1.4. I believe it's Steam because I only get this with Steam games. Either that or I'm just flat out cursed.

Both my laptop and desktop are hooked to another computer, very old, but lasts through. It's for my storage, so my Skyrim is located there.

Perhaps it has something to do with all the clutter I have in that hard disk?