1.4 RUINED my game

SubjectProphet

It's most likely a mod your using. Delete everything modwise and start over

Delete? No, it's a clean run. I did that.

Deleting mods does nothing. You just have to deactivate it.

That's just for esp mods. Other mods need to be deleted to test that. Just reinstalling the vanilla game won't necessarily delete the other mods either if the folders are still there, even after an uninstall first, depending. So it's best to manually delete mods, also being sure that your unchecking of mods isn't bugged. Also, did you ever add any lines of code to your setting files in your games folder? Might want to make sure those setting files are deleted before reinstalling.

Just saying, if you want to be sure.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if you have skyrim stored on one computer and are running it on another, then that may be the problem. How are they even connected? Also a good defrag never hurts any hard drive.

Scedualed defrag on my computer is every Monday at 12:00 AM. It defrags every Monday.

Skyrim is stored on both, but runs from the other. Never tried to run it from my computer I'm playing the game with. Give me a sec and I'll give it a try.

Well, that didn't work. So it has to be something else.

I swear it's just a curse. My roomate's computer runs it fine, but my TWO computers run it with a lot of lag. It got worse with every patch.

I only have one mod, and that's the Black Sacrament Retex, and that was deactive, but it still runs slowly.

Perhaps it's an issue of mods. Perhaps temporarily take out all mods and see if it makes a difference.

EDIT: Ah! My bad, I just saw the comment on the bottom of page 1. Not mods....hmm. Perhaps do a clean, fresh install now, just in case?

Edited by natelovesyou

Do both of your computers that show problems have the same video card, perhaps? Or a similar series?

Ok, I reinstalled Skyrim, it worked slightly. Boosted my performance to around 8-10 FPS. But still quite laggy.

Both computers have a different Graphic Card.

I meet the requirments on both computers. And those things like Skyboost only lag me more.

If someone can also help me find the specs to a computer, as I have literally never looked for that before, that would be a great help.