Wars in Skyrim

CandymAnse

There is probably a line of text in this mod description that my eyes have not read even if i tried to search for it mutiple times.

I simply can't understand how to install this mod and where I have to put all that files that are in the downloaded content.

The only thing that i have done until now is overwriting the Textures folder and putting the "italian" files in the Strings folder in the corresponding "C:\......\Skyrim\Data\Strings" folder

Where do I have to put the other files such as "WiS IV.esp", "Wis IV - AI & spells for NPC.esp", etc?

Ok I'm sorry, I understood now that this mod can be downloaded and installed correctly even with the NMM. I thought that could be done only manually, sorry.

Edited by CandymAnse

For future reference, plugin files (.esp) just go into the \Skyrim\Data\ folder. You still need to activate the plugins through NMM (or something similar). Though you should avoid the Data Files section of the main launcher once you've done so, as it may or may not cause issues ranging from broken mods to CTD on startup. Previous Bethesda titles (Morrowind through FO:NV) had issues with their Data Files sections causing the game to resort your load order by the timestamp on the plugin file.

this mod is a total mystery to me.

i finally got it working with WiS 1.4, but when i upgraded to 1.5, it stopped working. i did everything the creator said to. (uninstalling, saving, reinstalling) i put the files in the order he says to.

nothing. its very annoying, especially since there is no way to tell if the mod works or not when you log in. i have to just run around for 5 minutes through an empty landscape, and wonder if the solo vigilent of stendarr i see are part of the mod or just appearing naturually.

i have written the creator twice now, but he wont respond. i guess he thinks my questions are somehow covered in his description.

it would be great if someone who knew about this stuff could drop me a line. thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I have not been able to get Wars in Skyrim to work either. I downloaded WiS using NMM. Activated it and went through the WiS installer steps. That seemed to work and selected some options for game play. I can see the WiSxxx.esp data files and have checked them in the main game start page. However, I don't see any effect in the game.

Reading the documentation about Wars, I see that I may need BOSS. So I downloaded that, but haven't attempted to install or use it yet. I just want to see if there was something I missed first. I'd appreciate some help on what to do. I do have a number of other mods installed, so maybe I do need BOSS to sort them out. Just a little afraid to fire off another program.

i am having a problem with the new version

(i dont know what thread to use for this, as so many are there. i dont want to keep making new ones....)

many characters, monsters, people of all kinds, but not EVERYONE, in the outdoors, are broken. they float around (sometimes naked without a head) with their arms out to their sides like a cross. they come towards me, but they cannot change body position, so they do not attack. i hear their voices, but they cannot die when i kill them. i see death animations sometimes, but these weird models just keep floating around and my companion just keeps attacking them. this is hugely immersion breaking. is anyone else having this issue with WiS?