ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Riverwood Expansion Project

KaptTorbjorn

Just to see what people are interested in  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What sort of stuff would you like to see in Riverwood? Pick any that you'd want to see.

• A recruitable dog (the owner of Stump given another that he's willing to sell)
    • An apotecary that sells alchemy ingredients and potions
    • A new companion
    • More explorable areas nearby
    • Tougher nearby enemies
    • Custom Riverwood guards
    • Quests!
    • Other (post in comments)

I just want to see some more basic details. I'd like to see a new fisherman, who doesn't need any dialogue, who sells fish to anyone who's inclined to buy it. Maybe a seamstress, because the only shop in town only sells armor and weapons. I'd like to see the mill expanded and made more profitable (make money by running the mill itself), maybe even turned into a real job.

How about a Riverwood Manor just outside the town? originaly owned by the mines owner but abandoned as he couldnt afford the upkeep, full of bandits and a sorry sight. The mine owner goes into serious debt and you buy it off him (then kill the bandits) to help him out then you renovate it and it becomes an amazing player house?

That would be really awesome.

I wouldn't mind building the house interior for a manor, Torbjorn, if you don't have the time. I think I'm getting the hang of interior design through console now. Still can't work out bookcases though -.-

I'd also like to suggest that you set up proper trade routes between Riverwood and Whiterun so that Riverwood can get the proper supplies for defence and Whiterun can get more wood. If you end up setting up custom guards, this would be very beneficial to them as weapon supplies from Whiterun could be very useful against dragons.

I also suggest having something unique to the village such as an old cave that happens to contain Riverwood's true history or something.

I can work on the quest involving my Troll idea. Also I had another quest Idea.

Its sort of a epilogue for the quests involving the mine, where the miners accidentally break into a strange room, holding a massive Bronze giant....A early taste of the Dwemer.

Very good ideas, and thanks for the offers for help :)

Not sure about a manor type player home, I just use the secret room in the inn and rent a bed if I need to sleep. I feel like a big player manor would be a bit out of place and better tackled by someone else entirely.

4 more days until the CK, then I can begin in earnest :D

I just want to see some more basic details. I'd like to see a new fisherman, who doesn't need any dialogue, who sells fish to anyone who's inclined to buy it. Maybe a seamstress, because the only shop in town only sells armor and weapons. I'd like to see the mill expanded and made more profitable (make money by running the mill itself), maybe even turned into a real job.

That's great, one of my big problems with Skyrim conceptually is how little economic activity there is. Everything present is simply designed to further or convenience the player. Other things... A slaughterhouse/butchers where the player can buy and sell meat (though this might be difficult to do with current models). rather than an alchemist what about a local produce stall where in addition to fruits and vegetable they sold local alchemal ingredients (lavander, chickens eggs, mushrooms mountain flowers ect). I've never worked on a tes game before but I don't imagine creating a new merchants list should be too difficult.

I like the idea about expanding Riverwood! It is one of the starting areas in the game, and there is always some feeling of familiarity when I return to it. Plus, it has some calm, provincial charm to it.

I would suggest to stay away from putting anything "epic" like manors or Dwemer ruins in Riverwood. There are already a lot of them in game. Just keep it simple and stylish. I think a few hunting quests would fit its image fine, like the suggested one with the troll. Also, there is Anise's hut with an old lady (who, well, knows a few tricks). You could involve her in some local quest.

Actually, the whole area between Riverwood and Falkreath is very full with small, but interesting places: cave with wolves, Talos shrine, burned cabin. Finding one of those could start a small quest as well.

Know nothing about creating Mods so have no idea how difficult this could be.

But how about and Archery competition bet with Faendal as a side mission.

Simple Idea is you add a Archery range, and have a series of bets with Faendal to see who can hit the target closest to the middle.

Difficultly could be increased throughout different levels by increasing the distance to the target, and by adding movement to the Target via having it able to swing on some rope just like a pendulum, speed of movement could also be increased under these conditions to increase difficulty.

Reward could be Faendal teaches you what he knows about Archery without paying the costs for each round you win, hence 5 rounds with increased difficulty available in order to learn all you can from him.

Rules could be, you need to win the current Level in order to progress to the next and it costs you 100 Gold each time you lose a try, but you could keep going forever until you achieve all 5 levels, the better you do just makes the achievements cheaper to accomplish the less chances to need to win, could even work out more expensive than just paying for the lessons if you lose enough times its just the gamble you take.

Edited by KillerSkark1978

Know nothing about creating Mods so have no idea how difficult this could be.

But how about and Archery competition bet with Faendal as a side mission.

Simple Idea is you add a Archery range, and have a series of bets with Faendal to see who can hit the target closest to the middle.

Difficultly could be increased throughout different levels by increasing the distance to the target, and by adding movement to the Target via having it able to swing on some rope just like a pendulum, speed of movement could also be increased under these conditions to increase difficulty.

Reward could be Faendal teaches you what he knows about Archery without paying the costs for each round you win, hence 5 rounds with increased difficulty available in order to learn all you can from him.

Rules could be, you need to win the current Level in order to progress to the next and it costs you 100 Gold each time you lose a try, but you could keep going forever until you achieve all 5 levels, the better you do just makes the achievements cheaper to accomplish the less chances to need to win, could even work out more expensive than just paying for the lessons if you lose enough times its just the gamble you take.

:sad: i gave Faendal to the blades..............