⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Credit where credit is due

Tigerscale

I'm going to get this out of the way immediately...I am not a modder AND I'm a console gamer. Xbox 0ne to be exact. I know how some modders feel about the ladder so if you want to continue reading, please do, but just know that this isn't going to be a "suck it up and get over it" kind of post.

I'm currently only running about 76 mods on Fallout 4, thanks to the 2GB size limit on the XB1, but the mods that I am running are solid quality.

Now I know that a lot of them are ported over by other individuals and the ORIGINAL authors are the ones that deserve the credit. I have ones created by LordOfWar, DOOMBASED, Crayonkit, HyperX and Valdacil, just to name a few. You guys deserve very high praise for your work. The craftsmanship, detail and time that it took to create these works of art must have been exhausting. As I said, I'm not a modder, so I can only imagine what it must take to create these.

One of the reasons for this post, however, was not to simply give praise to a few but, rather, to all. You folks accomplish something on a regular basis that I wouldn't have the mind set for to accomplish once. It's incredible. It doesn't matter if all you're doing is adding a sound effect or creating an entirely new area to explore on the map, you all deserve our full respect and appreciation.

Since I'm required to get all of my mods from Bethesda.net, it's not always a guarantee that you guys are the ones that are porting them over. In fact, I notice a lot if times, permission was given to someone else to port them over to Bethesda.net. This brings me to the other reason why I'm posting this. Theft!! Your creations are YOUR creations and it annoys me (to put it calmly) when people take advantage of that. I haven't experienced a lot of it myself but I have seen a couple of ports on Bethesda that didn't have the proper credentials and wound up being pulled from the site. Some of these were mods that, under the proper circumstances, I would love to have tried. An example of this is Ff7cloudstrife's (awesome username BTW) R91 standalone assault rifle. I noticed it on Bethesda.net yesterday and within an hour, it was gone. Now, in everyone's defense, I don't know what the reason WAS for it being pulled. That's just an example of one mod that I wanted to try, but now its not there. Regardless, however, my point is this. Some modders have a hate on for those of us on console for this reason. And while I understand the anger and frustration, the people stealing from you pale in comparison to those of us who truly appreciate your work and would never disrespect you like that. Please don't let this discourage you from letting us on console enjoy your work, or worst yet, keep you from modding all together. From a gamer's perspective, your talents need to be shared...properly of course. :)

Anyhow, I apologize for the long windedness of the post. I'm just a really big fan of what you folks can accomplish and I firmly believe in giving credit where credit is due. I hope to see more of your creations on Bethesda.net.

Thank you and happy modding