Help please - converted merchant mod - no merchant dialogue

Tamara

Hi Folks,

I'm helping YamiElisa convert her beautiful Ambrosia Fashions from Oldrim to Skyrim SE. I had no trouble updating the main version, which YamiElisa has posted on Skyrim SE. there have been 89 downloads and no complaints.

I tackled the Merchant version. It works in Oldrim, but when I try it in Skyrim SE, I only get the greetings and no Merchant dialogue.

To convert the mod, I had first ran the meshes through ousnius's SSE NIF Optimizer v2.5, then made a 7zip file, installed with Nexus Mod Mgr and ran it through the SE CK. I finished off with cleaning with SSEEdit.

When I did the Merchant version, I used the converted folders of meshes and textures and made a new 7zip with the Merchant esp and did the same CK and cleaning procedure.

Everything looks right - the merchant is alive, the inventory chest is hidden, etc, but she only greets my character with the standard greetings. I looked in the CK in both Oldrim and Skyrim SE to see if there were any differences in how the Merchant was set up, but I couldn't see any.

Any help will be appreciated. This is a lovely little mod and deserves to be fully realized.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/69mjzsmtmvlyhjm/Ambrosia%20Fashions%20SE-9206-1-2.7z?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ysm20sjohvzg8sv/Ambrosia%20Fashions%20Merchant%20Edition%20SE%20v1.7z?dl=0

Is it something as simple as a missing SEQ file? Does the dialogue start working if you do F5/F9?

Hi, thank you for responding. Neither F5 nor F9 did the trick. I tried using SSEEdit to create the seq file. It processed the mod, but did not create one.

I just recently added a Dwarven Sphere to my Room mod as a butler Merchant guy.
I had to add the following two scripts to him so he'd be able to talk to player.
defaultAllowPCDialogueScript.psc
Description : script will make this actor able to talk to the PC
DLC2dunKagrumezFixupAV.psc
Description : Sets AV06=1, to work around a Hearthfire bug and allow the spider and sphere to be adopted normally.

Second one you might not need. First one might help if your actor is custom maybe...