TES Construction installation!!!

nord1232

:nazgul:

I read on the morrowind website *the official one* that people had problems installing the construction set off the construction set disc and to install it off of the morrowind disc. I did and it gives me the same exact errors as installing it from it's own disc. I tells me aproximately a dozen times that its missing animation groups and then its says its missing footfall sounds (left and right, heavy, med, etc)... Is there a patch somewhere that will fix this?.... or do i need to bring the game back...... I just bought it a week ago.. the game of the year edition for pc....

HELP......please......

nord1232

"when all else fails....bash it over the head"

whoa, i installed my CS through my normal MW cd and i never get a single error, take note, that you do not necessarily need the CS cd, not unless your making your own items, and your about to use the meshes and icons bethesda already made, dialogue, sounds, and practicalyl everything else is accessable through the normal MW cd

do you have the game of the year edition of the game?.... i don't know if that makes any difference... but I'm really frustrated with it... I tried to install it again... from the morrowind cd... and it's giving me the exact same errors........

:wacko:

nah, i use the normal cd, its a pain for me whenever i want to use items from the bloodmoon or tribunal cd, because i have 2 cd drives, one is dissconnected, so im stuck with my slow 4x DVD burner...its good with DVD's...crap with cd's...so i struggle.

i dont know much about using the game of the year edition cd though...didnt it come with a TESCS cd?

yes... it has it's own disc.. and it's on the morrowind cd.... and both versions are screwed up the same way..........

argh............................................................................

so no one else is having this problem I suppose?......I thought for sure with it telling me so many files where missing there would be a patch somewhere I just hadn't found........

must go to work now.......... :angry:

nord1232

i guess my plan now is to find a friend who'll let me borrow their copy to install the tes construction...... the tone of my prior message was due to my having to leave for work so early... not the replies I've gotten for my question... :huh:

My son has the GOTY edition, and the construction set installed together with Morrowind off the Morrowind cd without causing any problems.

If you only get the error since uninstalling my first thought would be that perhaps there are still a few ghosts from the previous install lurking in the registry....

Did you uninstall Morrowind at the same time as the CS? If not it is possible that uninstalling just one component is causing the problems. Try uninstalling and re-installing both Morrowind and the TESCS.

Good luck

Archived