Need a bit of advice.

colourwheel

Recently I have noticed Oblivion download traffic has gone massively down.

With the creation kit coming out on tuesday I have decided to move onto skyrim.

I have only a few concerns and need advice.

I am not going to get into detail about my work but the nature of it deals with needing a female body replacer. In oblivion i used HGEC body because It became the standard for almost any newly released Female armor or clothing. And HGEC body was over all the most appealing in aspects of being exagerated feminine, softly curved, and also an attractive appeal in standard Animations from the BSA. even though HGEC body wasn't ideal for newly created animations and it had it flaws the over all aspect of the replacer over weighted its defects from a vissual perspective.

I know skyrim is still a new game and as of now there seems to be two female body replacers that have been released that i know of that are very popular.

I have heard rumor that Exnem might be working on something but I am not going to bet on it since i've heard what happened with him and FO3.

Any suggestions on which body replacer I should use with feed back and why would help.

Well, I use CBBE, and I really like it. Like HGEC, there are a lot of options to choose from. If you liked HGEC in Oblivion, you might consider CBBE - some are calling that the "HGEC of Skyrim." But, bottom line, it comes down to your personal taste. Edited by AurianaValoria1

CBBE has no regard to polycount from the looks of it. Which precludes any such use of the body slider as it would be an absolute nightmare to cull CBBE's huge polycount.

I'm inclined to stick with the vanilla body TBH. I did a few tweeks to its rigging .

Yeah, I'm for the vanilla body too. But to let you know, I like the gritty, dirty, rough, mud-and-snow-trudging world of Skyrim, so I'm fine with the visuals. So when it comes to mods, I'm probably going to go ones that keep well with lore and setting. Not like the dull (despite somewhat colorful) visual mess that was Oblivion, that as a result pretty much opened itself up to where almost anything could be added into the game without sticking out so much.

Very interesting.

After testing out a few female body replacers compairing them to the games default body I have come to the conclussion to wait a bit longer....

Maybe eventually Exnem might release something and it would be well worth the wait for me.

I am not saying the other female body replacers are bad it's just after testing them out i discovered more flaws than I originally anticipated. One huge problem i think is that there are so many Animation files in the skyrim BSA that it would be very hard to design a body replacer to work perfectly with all of them.

Also keep in mind I was taking in concideration the physical aspects as well. Though shapely all the replacers might be, none of them stood out to be vissually desirable as HGEC body for oblivion. I know it might not be fair for me to judge them and compair to a replacer body for another game, Its just I guess i was a little disappointed.

I have worked with HGEC body for oblivion so long it's hard to make an adjustment to another games body replacer.

thankyou for everyones input.