Difficulty installing MCP/Help please

Nashanu

1. On Windows 10. The game,PC Gamer, Game of the Year version. Installed MW, Tribunal and Bloodmoon. Installed outside of Program files. Initially started game to check all okay and all went well.

2. Attempted to install MCP the way I always used to do it; Using Winrar to unzip the files into the MPC, yellow folder of MW's main page. This failed, I tried several times.

3. Opened a folder on desktop with MCP's zip file inside and tried to open it to put the separate files into MW's folder on main page of MW. This also failed.

4.Managed to get the unopened MCP folder into MW's main page, tried to open in. Failed.

Am I not doing something I should do, or could this be Windows 10 interference?

When the upgrade from W7 was offered, I took it. Morrowind worked fine in that W10. However, I had so much trouble the OS that I decided to actually buy it. I am now having great difficulty with installing any mods outside Program files. I have now given up on Oblivion, all went well until tried to install Shivering Isles, it CTD everytime. I love that game as well, for modding.

Please help me, perhaps I have gone about it the wrong way? suggestion would be very welcome. Would be difficult to play MW without the Patch.

Don't install in Program Files / Program Files (x86). UAC and folder virtualisation shenanigans ensue. Sounds like that's what maybe happened to you. Or else you were trying to extract the files onto the DVD-ROM.

Install order Morrowind > Tribunal > Bloodmoon [> 1.6.1820 patch, not needed with GoTY edition]

When installing right-click install.exe / setup.exe / ....exe and Run As Administrator

Hello, Dragon32, thank you for replying.

I did not install in Program files. I din't think I installed in Program Files (X86), but I will check on that. I certainly did not attempt to extract the files to the DVD-ROM.

No, don't need the Patch with PC Game of the Year version.

I had installed as you decribed, but did not choose to 'Run as Administrator' as I did not even see that option. Have never had to do that in the past. Just installing outside of Program Files was enough. Do you think I should uninstall the whole lot and try again? Big sigh!

Here is the Error message I get on each attempt to open the MCP zipped file:

C:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind Code Patch - 19510-2-37z:Error - operation failed

Regarding the error message, I did actually install the game into C:\Games\Morrowind\Bethesda Softworks so I'm not at all sure where W10 got the above path from.

Oh well, looks like I'll have to uninstall the game and try again. I'll do the Run as Administrator part as you described. Wish me luck!