Fallout 4 stopped working for me

Jaydz225

Doesn't work. The launcher doesn't have my resolution

And that would be?

anyway, look for the lines below in your FALLOUT4PREFS.INI and change them accordingly

iSize H=1050

iSize W=1680

just do a "find" under the EDIT heading up top for iSize

Edited by gromulos

are you using an ENB? If so try starting a new game with all the ENB files completely removed ( deleted ) just disabling a mod is not good enough sometimes. If you change your prefs file and the game crashes, this leads me to believe that it has something to do with an ENB

The crashing issue i have noticed is related to how how powerful your graphics card is. The mods place additional burdens on the frame rate for the game, it is sort of hit and miss, because Fo4 is buggy. changing to graphics card with lots of memory general solved the problem, even though the game did crash again, but overall it stopped the game crashing so regularly, so far far so good for me, it is now a longtime since the game crashed, despite have 100 mods, mostly soft superficial mods which don't structurally change the game.

The crashing issue i have noticed is related to how how powerful your graphics card is. The mods place additional burdens on the frame rate for the game, it is sort of hit and miss, because Fo4 is buggy. changing to graphics card with lots of memory general solved the problem, even though the game did crash again, but overall it stopped the game crashing so regularly, so far far so good for me, it is now a longtime since the game crashed, despite have 100 mods, mostly soft superficial mods which don't structurally change the game.

that's not going to help him. as he stated any time he changes the fallout4prefs.ini the game automatically crashes. Installing a new or different video card is going to alter the prefs.ini otherwise the graphics will be WAY off.

I sincerely think he is using an ENB and it has royally messed up his INI files. I've seen this happen FAR too many times in the past both in the chat room and helping other people.

• 2 months later...
I had to remove mods, verify the cache and changed it to windowed mode to get it working again. I reinstalled the mods and it still worked so im unsure what the problem was exactly. But the thing is it CTDs 2 times when trying to start the game before the game actually opens.