Down To Basics (New)

Maharg67

01-08(0017)

DOWN TO BASICS: I AM JACK! AM I JACK?

AN IMPORTANT MEETING, INCLUDING A DRAGON

Up closer the dragon was far more impressive and, of course, much bigger looking. She crouched and listened carefully as I told her, and the BladeScouts, of how I had come to be on that strange world that seemed so much like a computer game world. I did not speak of the computer games or computer game realms or how this world looked 'very realistic in an animation fashion'. There was enough to describe, to explain, with out that. I showed them my magically adapted items from my home world, other items that had appeared with me, often multiduplicated, introduced WozuGoo and Blackbie, along with the beastlings Shaina of 13of99 and the man was Tarishaina of 14of99.

The dragon stared intently at my exotic devices, such as the rings and the silver item dotted device. Then she spoke, voice lowered so as not to overwhelm us humanoids. "The quasimagical items you have are very powerful and ancient. You must take great care with them. It is most peculiar that you would awake to have such. They appear to be of 'divine make', that is to be made by the Thirteen Divines, not to be mistaken with the Nine Divines of Cyrodiil or the other Divines of Tamriel. All of the Divines, the Divine Legends, are intermingled. There are other deities and the twisted Grand Daedra along with others like them. The Sixteen Daedric Princes, is what they call the Grand Daedra here, but that is a misleading title."

I was amazing by the great beautiful eyes of the dragon. "Akatosh made the dragons!"

The dragon seemed startled and then responded. "That is an ancient truth that we dragons to not care to share with many; how did you know this?"

I shrugged. "I do not know! I just know! The rings, the neck-chain, the exotic pistol, the other items, they are also linked with my old existence somehow but my memories of my old life are blurred, fragment and missing in places. It seems both an instant ago that I was that Jack but, also a very long time ago like some faded dream. I have another name, a powerful and important name, but I can not remember it for now."

It was only then that I realized that this new, other existence, was very slowly and steadily become less like an animation and more real appearing, more like the world I once knew. Was it changing or was I changing? Or was it both? Or was it all an illusion created by my own perception?

Then I pushed forward a book. "I told you how items and lifeforms are appearing from seemingly nowhere, including myself and what came with me. I told you of the beastlings Shaina of 13of99 and the man was Tarishaina of 14of99, of Blackbie and how items appeared with them. Cyrodilin items appeared with Blackbie, along with items from other realms. Here is a book I think that you will very much want to see, to know of. It was written by one Shandoa Verabing, self proclaimed founder of the infamous Mythic Dawn, the cult of human followers of the Grand Daedra Mehrunes Dagon, the Lord of the dreaded Deadlands of the Realms of Oblivion. The writings are messy, a shambling collection of different recollections, concepts, designs, crude drawings, ideas for daedric magical spells adapted to human use and much else. Yet amongst the mess, most of it of questionable value, lies a plan for Mehrune Dagon's return to Cyrodiil, to the conquest of Cyrodiil and the creation here of a bridgehead to further launch other invasions until Mehrunes Dagon rules all of Tamriel."

I shook my head. "That would surprise nobody who knows much of such matters but there are some surprises for there are hints, in this book, that Mehrunes Dagon is actually taking orders from another, even more powerful entity of mysterious nature and identity except that this other is also a Grand Daedra. It would seem unlikely, even impossible, that the might Mehrunes Dagon would serve another, given his nature, but the book hints that he has no other choice. Something both very powerful, and yet subtle, binds him to do the bidding of this other. Mehrunes Dagon hates this other one that he serves, hates doing as ordered, but appears to have no other choice."

The battlemage sounded surprised. "That does not sound like what we known of the Sixteen Daedric Princesses."

I sighed. "I do not think that you, Dragon DigosaVaruna, are surprised."

"No, for we dragons have feared for a very long time that the truth of the Grand Daedra has always been deliberately muddied and that behind them most of them is one amazingly powerful, brilliant and cunning entity that is controlling all but a very few who are beyond his or her power." The dragon paused before speaking again. "You have multiduplicated the book, I can 'sense' it, so I would take a duplicate and take it to my people after I have returned these BladeScouts back to Cloud Ruler Temple. I am a courier, a warrior. What is needed here is one of our dragon scholars and others of the dragonfolk to come here. I will go home as quickly as possible and notify the Dragon Imperial Court of this and other important matters."

When the dragon departed, the battlemage remained with me along with one of the BladeScout soldiers, but with her she took some duplicates of items from my home world including a semiautomatic pistol and a torch. One of each would go to the Blades while another of each would go to the Dragon Empire. I wondered at the wisdom of this but something told me that I was doing the right thing, the smart thing and somehow it would work out for the best, or so I hoped.

Edited by Maharg67

00-09(0018)

DOWN TO BASICS: GREATER STORY

Through a War Zone

The expeditionary force, it had become one by this time with armoured tracked vehicles at the lead and wheeled, armoured, vehicles dotted amongst the other machines and at the end. The enemy tended to be basic in their military tactics so this type of formation tended to work well. They passed a heavily damaged town where body-bagged corpses of humans were being moved to some freezer-trucks. They saw some strange alien corpses of lesser daedra including some dremora, scamps and clannfears. Dremora had begun to use some captured human technologies when and where they could, be they guns, vehicles or even such as refrigerators. It seemed they liked to watch television even if they did not understand the language or much else.

How did they know this? For it appeared that not all lesser daedra were fanatical in their following of Mehrunes Dagon; a small minority were only too happy to surrender and to give information in exchange for safety and a fairly good existence in prison; their expectations were far from great and so they had soon come to appreciate greatly what humans would consider to be basic conditions. The lesser daedra were shocked that humans would choose to take live prisoners and not just slaughter them with out mercy or, worse, torture them to death. Word of this was soon spreading through out the ranks of the lesser daedra forces still on that world. The dremora were far more fanatical in their loyalty, in their own strange way, to Mehrunes Dagon so were far less likely to be taken prisoner successfully and even if they were, were very unlikely to cooperate; the dremora were enraged with tho other prisoners who were willing to cooperate. Yet a tiny minority of dremora did talk and since they were generally more intelligent than other lesser daedra, they had much more to offer. Some, like the clannfears, were basically little more than animals but they grew used to being captured with surprising ease and speed.

The lesser daedra prisoners informed humans of the following: Mehrunes Dagon was interested only in taking human prisoners, captive animals and samples, knowledge, of human technologies to be taken back to the Deadlands, along with a few other items. Some of these were odd choices, as far as humans were concerned, but seemed highly valued by the daedra; these were such as salt, spices, clean water, fertile soil, natural fertilizer, seedlings of many plants, architectural blueprints and related knowledge and copper as piping or wiring or other forms; while the lesser daedra invaders seemed generally immune from the reality changes, some were changing and not always to the benefit of the invaders; some groups of elite dremora were hunting for something that was more unique than what the invaders normally sought to take but what they sought remained a mystery; the mysterious supersoldiers frightened even the dremora and high priority orders for the invaders was to capture at least one supersoldier; strong indications were that this plan had failed for supersoldiers killed themselves when faced with being captured, often taking many daedra with them in the process by releasing nerve gas or exploding bombs.

When the expedition halted at the ruined town, doing so at a local football field, they noted lesser daedra prisoners being loaded into the back of trucks. They seemed oddly docile and quite cooperative. This was despite leg chains being on some of them. A big spider-daedra took up much of a truck back just by herself. The human, and transformed soldiers, were both guarding the prisoners from escape and trying to protect them from dremora raiders seeking to kill 'traitors'. Any prisoner held by humans was considered automatically to be a traitor by the dremora. A small TV news team was doing some audio-visual recordings of what was happening there.

Scully and Mulder sat at the bottom of a big stand of wooden bench seats. They drank tepid coffee and ate sandwiches brought at a local shop still operating thanks to volunteers though most of the shelves were empty.

Scully shook her head. "Those lesser daedra are amazing. What about that spider-daedra?"

Mulder snorted. "Those clannfears are like small dinosaurs. The scamps are like what? Like some sort of animal-humans? In some ways the dremora are weirder to see because they look more like us humans but it is their ways of thinking that are most strange, most terrible."

Scully nodded. "I want to do some do some autopsies on dead lesser daedra."

"Aaahhh, that could be very interesting." The little fat man was not there, close to them, one moment and then was there. He sat in a nice casual business suit of light brown but wore a pink-purple lady's hat from the very early decades of the Twentieth Century. Next to him was a large picnic basket of fine, clever weave but it was metallic gold in nature. The man also wore combat boots and his appearance was that of a pale eurowhite man. "Though I would not find it necessary to do such. I have come looking for an orb that fell from space to strike this world. I have noted that some local human, a male teenager, was foolish enough to touch it. The orb was not meant to tune with human minds but it tried to do so not just with him but with the teenagers and the animals with them." The strange short man opened the basket and took out a large plate with a large roasted chicken, potato salad, coleslaw, green salad, orange juice, coffee, cupcakes and a few other such tasties along with cutlery and some other useful items. "Please have something to eat and drink."

Scully and Mulder found that they were like old, close friends with this strange little man. They took some food, some drink, and for a while nothing was said.

Edited by Maharg67

• 2 weeks later...

I AM SORRY BUT I AM GIVING UP ON THIS TOPIC BECAUSE THOUGH THE IDEA BEHIND THE STORY, SWITCHING BETWEEN FIRST AND THIRD PERSON PERSPECTIVES, IS A GOOD ONE, I FIND THAT AS A FORUM TOPIC IT IS TOO DIFFICULT TO DO. AS A NOVEL THAT I CAN EDIT MANY TIMES BEFORE PRESENTING TO BE READ BY PEOPLE IT WOULD WORK BUT AS AN ON GOING FORUM STORY TOPIC IT IS QUICKLY GETTING OUT OF HAND.

MY DEEPEST AND MOST HUMBLEST OF APOLOGIES!!!!

I WILL BE, IN THE NEAR FUTURE, PLACING THE VARIOUS CHARACTERS, CREATURES AND SITUATIONS INTO THE TOPIC 'MULTIPLEEARTH SAGA' SO HOPEFULLY NOTHING WILL BE LOST OF THE STORY IN THE LONGER TERM.

Edited by Maharg67

I AM SORRY BUT I AM GIVING UP ON THIS TOPIC BECAUSE THOUGH THE IDEA BEHIND THE STORY, SWITCHING BETWEEN FIRST AND THIRD PERSON PERSPECTIVES, IS A GOOD ONE, I FIND THAT AS A FORUM TOPIC IT IS TOO DIFFICULT TO DO. AS A NOVEL THAT I CAN EDIT MANY TIMES BEFORE PRESENTING TO BE READ BY PEOPLE IT WOULD WORK BUT AS AN ON GOING FORUM STORY TOPIC IT IS QUICKLY GETTING OUT OF HAND.

MY DEEPEST AND MOST HUMBLEST OF APOLOGIES!!!!

I WILL BE, IN THE NEAR FUTURE, PLACING THE VARIOUS CHARACTERS, CREATURES AND SITUATIONS INTO THE TOPIC 'MULTIPLEEARTH SAGA' SO HOPEFULLY NOTHING WILL BE LOST OF THE STORY IN THE LONGER TERM.