'Many Thanks' note author?

Feanoro

I'm guessing Roggvir. Not too many other Rs with a nasty reputation.

Why would Mercer steal the item from Solitude's castle, then return to Riften to hand it again to Rogvir in Solitude? lol

Besides, no one said that Roggvir was a bad person in Solitude : / (exept those butthurt bout the fate of Torygg).

Edited by eltucu

Why would Mercer steal the item from Solitude's castle, then return to Riften to hand it again to Rogvir in Solitude? lol

Besides, no one said that Roggvir was a bad person in Solitude : / (exept those butthurt bout the fate of Torygg).

Mercer was a thief. That was his job. Mercer took a lot of pride in breaking in to the most well-protected places. Obviously. And Mercer didn't live in Riften. He just paid for the upkeep on that house. lol

I know it's hard to remember little details like what people tell you point blank, but do try. :woot:

Roggvir wasn't a bad person. He was a guard. Which was much much worse. No doubt he saw something in Castle Dour on one of his many trips there to see the dungeon or the Captain of the guard (or both) that he just had to have, so he hired the guild. Mercer saw the job and took it personally. Easy peasy to figure out. If you actually pay attention, that is.

Mercer was a thief. That was his job. Mercer took a lot of pride in breaking in to the most well-protected places. Obviously. And Mercer didn't live in Riften. He just paid for the upkeep on that house. lol
Um, did you actually see him outside the Ratway? (when you're not doing a quest for him of course). Its pretty obvious that he lived there. If you pay attention that is.
I know it's hard to remember little details like what people tell you point blank, but do try. :woot:
What? Im not answering to you if you're going to get all worked out for a lol in a sentence of mine. Better things to do. Edited by eltucu

We're told Mercer didn't live in Riftweald Manor by members of the Thieves Guild, but on the other hand only Brynjolf's been there (and that was only once if I recall correctly). At the same time there's a passageway from his house to just behind the Thieves Guild hideout.

I doubt that's a coincidence tbh...Also he had some nice things in his basement so it seems he used that place somewhat.

While Roggvir can be argued to be a traitor/accomplice in a murder/etc he doesn't seem to exhibit any interest in thieving, nor does anyone else suggest anything of the sort.

A likely possibility for the author of the message would be Ri'Saad. As we know, his caravan travels between cities and he doesn't mind dealing in stolen goods. I think as a fence and trader and owner of a network of traders who hear all sorts of rumours he's ideally suited to place in a call to Mercer Frey to act upon news of an interesting item being moved around.

Khajiit gives you good advice for a modest fee, yes?

• 1 year later...

Legate Rikke Would explain how she knew the defences so well? But she does refer to the castle as 'them' as opposed to 'we'.

Ravyn Imyan perhaps? Another thieves guild member - probably has to be a thief, as they know him by name, not just a thank you to the guild.

Edited by neiljwd