What do you do after you have finishes the main Q and are head of ever

viperpine

The game can get a whole different when you set rules to your game. Even if you have done them all, doing them using a different spec'd character changes the battles dearly. Especially when you play on master with Deadly Dragons + Wars in Skyrim. Its crazy out there. Dragons are at least 2x as strong, new dragon types, more bandits and random encounters in the land. Crazy. I can't wait for Wars in Skyrim 6, where there will be Stormcloack vs Imperial skirmishes in the field.

Honestly I'm on my 3rd character and it seems every time I start a new one I'm happier with it than the last one. Basically you could say I'm refining my build every time more or less:).

Both my first 2 finished every quest and discovered at least 90% of all possible things on the map but somehow I felt the need to start a 3rd. Somehow every time it's a different experience. First playthrough I was a pure warrior Breton that ONLY did quests and pretty much didn't move out of Whiterun till the latter part of the game. I wore Heavy Armor and pretty much grew up as a character doing the Empire side of the Civil War and running around not knowing what I was supposed to do.

2nd playthrough was a Nord warrior using light armor this time and somewhat more of an archer. I joined the Stormcloaks pretty early on and enjoyed that side of things too.

3d playthrough I'm doing a Khajiit stealthy character. I've also played from start to now on Master (first playthrough was Adept early on then expert, 2nd was expert then later on turned on Master, now I did it all MAster from the beginning, which was considerably more challenging). I'm basically an expert at Sneaking, Archery and One-Handed, but this time instead of shooting straight through all the quests I started exploring. The only thing I did early on was join the Dark Brotherhood to get and use the armor early on (because if I leave it till later it becomes useless compared to my enchanting capabilities). I'm now at lvl 68 and haven't joined a Civil War side or done Horn of Jurgen Windcaller yet, but I just used mage for the first time and just got 100 destruction :)

Thing is, every time I play I do things differently and the type of race you choose to play DOES affect your gaming style. For instance while playing a Breton in heavy armor I basically just ran into stuff in tank mode and clobbered everything to death, not worrying about taking damage because of the heavy armor and the mage resistance. With the Nord I had to adapt to using Light Armor and Ranging.

With the Khajiit I used a lot of stealth, had to worry a lot about magic damage as I had no resistance to it whatsoever and have started to use magic myself now.

Honestly I'm not sure myself...

I know a lot of people are saying just to download some mods and do another playthrough, but I just can't face doing that again, I have literally explored every location and completed every quest I care to complete in the game, this is all on my first and only playthrough.

I know some can, but I personally just can't stand the idea of doing everything all over again when I know exactly what dialogue is going to be said and exactly what is going to happen. I also feel like starting over again just makes everything I've done with my character pointless, I've gotten pretty attached, despite not giving him any backstory.

I'm waiting for quest mods basically...

This is exactly what I am facing. 3 days ago I finished the game. And I mean finished. I did every quest and every trivial little activity that could be done. And I loved every minute of it.

This weekend sucked. I felt like I lost a loved one! I didn't know what to do without Skyrim to play.

I am also a person that gets no joy from playing a game multiple times that is story based. The excitement comes from discovering the story. Once it is told, it is told.

I will be one of the first in line for quest DLC, but until then I am afraid my time in Tamriel is over. :-(

Wander around, use my imagination, maybe finish up on a few things and do a few others.

The only 'major' thing I haven't done yet is finish the bard's college stuff, but in all honesty, I really do not have inspiration to keep going, because overall, I was kinda disappointed in the progress of the guild stuff when compared to oblivion.

It's too bad I can't have a nice chat with the dragon at the throat of the world though, I feel as if he could have some much needed dialog.