The Elder Scrolls: Tamriel

Apollyon84

I'd love to suport this and even lend a helping hand if it was 't for the fact that I think it's nearly impossible to pull of in a reasonable amount of time.

Bethesda developed Skyrim in five years, how will a (even huge) team of modders make a landmass 6 or 7 times its size?

Kudos to those who will actually start AND finish such an undertaking!

My hope is that using a new (to me) form of modding development will quicken the process. Obviously the work involved will still take the same amount of time, but allowing any modder to contribute to the project should make the overall time less so. The overall plan is have the whole of Tamriel, and some previous time periods. However, it is not expected to work on the whole thing at the same time. Really it is up to the modders what will be worked on. If the majority works on the past Morrowind, it is still possible for other modders to work on other areas or time periods. If other projects are working on areas, this project should focus on areas not being developed. To me, it would seem that updating Morrowind to Skyrim+ standards would be the easiest since the story, writing, NPCs, items, and architecture is already created, it just needs to be updated (as opposed to having to create things originally).

I'll be updating the OP when new ideas come to mind. If you see something you like and you can create it, then run with it.

If somebody can merge Fallout 3 with New Vegas. I'm sure this is possible. Can couple this with the online skyrim mod and you have yourself a MMO so to speak. Can lead to a career you know. ;)

Edit: I'm all for voice acting if needed. I tried map creation with Valve's Hammer with Source SDK but I couldn't get the hang of the advanced tepography tools.

Edited by Recaldy

If somebody can merge Fallout 3 with New Vegas. I'm sure this is possible.

What are you basing that on? Combining FO3 with New Vegas entails 13 steps (which I had outlined at the time on the NV mod boards) and a compatibility plugin to make everything play fair. Tedious, but not difficult (easy for me to say, I didn't make said plugin). This project is completely different. There aren't enough experienced modders in the community to do all this. And while I can appreciate the OP as being an "ideas guy" that usually isn't a positive connotation. You need to know how to mod to understand the limits of what can be done. Nehrim is the outer limit, TR is the outer limit. You kind of have to look at what the community has pulled off before to guage what you can ask of them now. And that's assuming they're more willing to put effort into your ideas instead of their own.

I'd love to suport this and even lend a helping hand if it was 't for the fact that I think it's nearly impossible to pull of in a reasonable amount of time.

Bethesda developed Skyrim in five years, how will a (even huge) team of modders make a landmass 6 or 7 times its size?

Kudos to those who will actually start AND finish such an undertaking!

honestly thats whats so amazing about making tools to mod a game like this bethesda could not have made all those mods that were made for oblivion i mean obviously not all was the quality of the original but getting all those people together in an orginized and planned manner i think its possible

Not to shoot this down but both Morrwind and Oblivion, people said 100s of times "lets do all of Tamriel!" and they all failed/quit/never seen the light of day the the size of a project like this would need a full size dev Team of 50 or more people working 40-80 hour weeks if not more the overall size would be huge and its just not going to happen with people scatterd around the world doing "bits"of it

Instead of doing somehting on this scale think outside the box and make a somehting like the Dunes mod

seen here and even if you get a hold of one of there guys there tell you what your wishing for is simple out of reach.

also i would hate to see places like that done by a rag tag group of modders it would kill the story TES has told so far you would be better off waiting for Bethesda to make the remaining TES games themselfs

to read how Highrock looks then to see how bethesda see it is one thing (go concept art looking)then to see modder make it is another lol

Being the Realist and Sir buzzkillington but the idealist in me would still like to see somehting like this done dispite the 99.8% chance this will never get past a ruff hillside and small deformed town

• 2 weeks later...