Exporting ESP file

Billyfighter

So it's been a while since I've played with Morrowind mods, but I've done it hundreds of times back in the day. So I currently have two installs of Morrowind, Steam and from the CD. So I have two folders with two different sets of mods. I have the TES Construction set on the CD's install folder, which I made a mod with many tweaks and changes, saved it, ok cool. But the biggest mystery is exporting that mod to Steam version also. I can open up the Morrowind launcher on the CD version and find that ESP file, click it and play it. But I go into the data files folder, I can't find it. I reopened the TES Construction set and it's still there, I can set it to active and edit it. But I never remember having to export it into an actual file. I can't figure out if it's hidden or not, at least Windows 10 doesn't really give me that option from what I can see. If I search my PC I can't find it. I just want to move it over to my Steam version also, but it's nowhere to be found on Steam (which it shouldn't be yet anyways) or anywhere else.

So did I forget something in these 10+ years? I can't recall ever having to export a mod I made into an actual file. It certainly exists and I saved this mod. I just can't get the file!

If the CD version is installed in Program Files you could be running into folder virualisation issues and the ESPs are saved somewhere else, try looking in:

C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\<Application Name>