How do you rate the success of your mods ?

silwerbullet

Hi all.

This is my first post here as a newly "mod" creator even though i don"t know if my work really count as a proper mod.

How do you judge the success of your work ?

I mainly have blueprints of stuff i build and even though there are downloads the endorsements are so low compared to the downloads that i feel like i failed. My creations are my pride and i put many hrs of work in them only to see it disappear into obscurity.

Please put me right if my outlook is broken or if you think my work is really crap and so the endorsements is thus valid.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/1944257/?tb=mods&pUp=1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the most part I would go on downloads and comments. Endorsements are a decent measurement for it, but downloads and comments are where it's at, at least to me. If no one downloads or comments, then no one is interested. If people download and comment, then they are interested. :)

For the most part I would go on downloads and comments. Endorsements are a decent measurement for it, but downloads and comments are where it's at, at least to me. If no one downloads or comments, then no one is interested. If people download and comment, then they are interested. :smile:

Thanks, the comments is a bit strange on my mods. I find very little comments but a few downloads and then there is people that say they like the build but then is find they have not even downloaded it.

A mod you make is successful if it fulfills the goal of what you set out to create at the beginning. Another factor is how much you learned whilst making it, and if there are ways you can improve it.

Really, that's the only criteria that should matter, as long as you can remain objective. Outside of yourself, it shouldn't matter unless your mod is broken, bugged etc.

Don't be surprised if it seems like the endorsement to download ratio seems low. Many users simply download a mod and never endorse or leave a comment, even if they like and actively use the mod. As your progress onto bigger and more complicated modding, you'll understand that (unfortunately) this is standard behaviour. That's why there are so many 'hidden gem' mods on the Nexus if you do some digging.

As a side-note, bear in mind that it greatly depends on the type of mod you make, there are various categories that constantly get swamped with new content, like looksmenu presets etc.

Good luck, and keep learning.

A mod you make is successful if it fulfills the goal of what you set out to create at the beginning. Another factor is how much you learned whilst making it, and if there are ways you can improve it.

Really, that's the only criteria that should matter, as long as you can remain objective. Outside of yourself, it shouldn't matter unless your mod is broken, bugged etc.

Don't be surprised if it seems like the endorsement to download ratio seems low. Many users simply download a mod and never endorse or leave a comment, even if they like and actively use the mod. As your progress onto bigger and more complicated modding, you'll understand that (unfortunately) this is standard behaviour. That's why there are so many 'hidden gem' mods on the Nexus if you do some digging.

As a side-note, bear in mind that it greatly depends on the type of mod you make, there are various categories that constantly get swamped with new content, like looksmenu presets etc.

Good luck, and keep learning.

Thanks you i will keep it in mind.

The average endorsement rate is only about 10% of the unique downloads rate. And people that comment nicely but not downloaded it may have tracked it for a future play through or maybe like me they look at new mods from work and just can't download it right then. It's not uncommon that someone comes back days or even months later to get it.

-I always try to reach a personal goal with a mod and I am happy if I can reach it (with goal I mean to bring something into game X, I like).

-Then the endorsment rate between endorsments and unique dls. Just the count of endorsments and total dls watered the picture too much imo because of different reasons, so I don´t look at that.

-Nice comments and this sorts of things.

Edited by taryl80

Like damanding said, your ratio of endorsements to downloads is actually very typical, so don't consider that to be low. And as for the people with nice comments but not downloading settlement blueprints, some may like building their own place their way or don't even bother with that aspect of the game, but have an appreciation for the work that has gone into yours based on the images you've shown. I'd take that as a big compliment and not think it strange.

Based on the lovely comments posted to your mod pages, you have a lot of happy users. I'd consider that a success.

The average endorsement rate is only about 10% of the unique downloads rate. And people that comment nicely but not downloaded it may have tracked it for a future play through or maybe like me they look at new mods from work and just can't download it right then. It's not uncommon that someone comes back days or even months later to get it.

Thanks, my problem was i was looking at mods with say 50 downloads but have 6 endorsements. I will keep your words i mind, thanks for the advice.

-I always try to reach a personal goal with a mod and I am happy if I can reach it (with goal I mean to bring something into game X, I like).

-Then the endorsment rate between endorsments and unique dls. Just the count of endorsments and total dls watered the picture too much imo because of different reasons, so I don´t look at that.

-Nice comments and this sorts of things.

Thanks, i think my personal goal was to high as it was related to the work i put into the mod. Will step it down a bit.