Steam has won... the future of TES games

rabidNode

So, just opt-out on Steam Workshop on download tomorrow, and see what you can do with the CK

Hopefully the CK EULA will permit us to use the CK on the Nexus without the Workshop.

It will, I have been told outright by Matt Grandstaff that mods will not have to be uploaded to Steam Workshop and that upload is not automatic. If you look at the video on Bethblog, when you save your file, there is an option to just save to your Data folder as usual, OR to package and upload to Steam Workshop if you wish.

<br>
<br>So, just opt-out on Steam Workshop on download tomorrow, and see what you can do with the CK<br>Hopefully the CK EULA will permit us to use the CK on the Nexus without the Workshop.<br>
<br><br>It will, I have been told outright by Matt Grandstaff that mods will not have to be uploaded to Steam Workshop and that upload is not automatic.  If you look at the video on Bethblog, when you save your file, there is an option to just save to your Data folder as usual, OR to package and upload to Steam Workshop if you wish.<br>
<br>that's great!

let's hope people get to mark the opt-out button of steam workshop first instead of just clicking 'agree' and 'ok' blindly.

lets first see how the ck blends into the NMM, and see if that works all right.I'm sure you will be able to opt-in to steam workshop at a later time...if you wish.

Edited by channel0

My theory is that they are doing this so that Bethesda can create DLC's from user-created content. They want to have easy access to the ideas we have already created and implement them in a future release. Example: Back when New Vegas first came out, before the first DLC (Dead Money, I think) was released, I created an MRE mod that had real MRE meshes and flavors and all that good stuff. So when Bethesda/Obsidian released The Lonesome Road they incorporated MRE's into that DLC. Now I'm not saying they took the idea from me. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. I don't know and I, honestly, don't care. But you can see the point I'm trying to make. If they can take assets created by users and use them to take shortcuts, they can release a higher quality DLC faster. Am I mad? Nah, not even a little. I actually thought it was really clever. But that's just my 2 cents.