It is a texture pack after all,and it's available now! :D

Alithinos

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks to me like it will be an easy decision to just stick with the fantastic HD packs provided here rather than waste time (and 3GB of space) downloading a mediocre pack from Bethesda that should have been available at launch. :)

I disagree. Once I extract the HQ pack from the .bsa files and turn it into a normal mod, I plan to use it. Many of the HD texture mods I've seen are either overkill or they change the artistic styling of Skyrim enough to not look good to me. I'm sure there will be people on both sides of the fence.

I'm not saying I won't continue to use some HD texture mods (Vurt's flora, realistic water, and the Ice mod I'm currently using, off the top of my head), but I'm going to use these higher-res vanilla textures as the new base for my mods.

Couldn't one simply extract the standard textures.bsa and the two hd ones, then copy the new textures into the standard texture folder, overwrite anything, and repack the bsa? Or would there be problems? Edited by ferkel

These new textures dont stand no comparison with Mods like/

Flora Overhaul, project Frenzy, or (yes i promote myself ^^) Skyrim Ultimate when it comes to blow your eyes with absolute enhancement.

I mean Vanilla texture are mostly ugly and have bad colour scheme, even in HD or High Res, dont you people want to see the game like it should have been from the beginning ?

Edited by MonsterMonkey

It seems to me most of the previous poster have misunderstood something... or maybe i did.

It is a "HD texture pack" and not a "HD Re-Texture pack", or?

So,correct me when i am wrong, there should be nearly no difference to vanilla textures. It's the same textures, just in a higher resolution, therefore difference should only be noticeable when you are very close to it.

Seems like a valid point, which would suggest that these textures should be installed/used as the base textures that we continue to mod over as we always have done... the only questions are how best to do this (ie. installation/load-order), and what impact they will have on fps.

I like the new texture pack, although I would like to see screenshots of it and skyrim hd next to each other. Just the fact that most everything is less "blurry" is good enough for me.

Doesn't look too bad I suppose, it's pretty nice. Armor and weapons look much better :) Not as impressed as I thought I would be, but ah well. Edited by Illiad86