Skyrim High Res Pack, possible bug.

Hionimi

After installing the High Res Texture Pack that Bethesda so kindly provided, I seem to be having a small bug where the logs of fireplaces seem to be made of nuclear powered wood...

Power-wood!

Other mods installed are: LFox Werewolf Improvements and Realistic Lighting. That last mod I also tried to disable but it did not matter, will try a new game to be sure without the mod having even run once, but I dunno if that'll be the answer. If anyone else is having this bug, could they please leave a reply?

EDIT: Well, tried without the Realistic Lighting mod and a fresh save which the mod hasn't touched, still the same bug.

EDIT2: Bug indeed vanished as soon as I disable the HD Pack from Bethy, so clearly the Texture Pack is causing it.

Edited by Hionimi

Well, hope Bethesda will notice it soon and fix it quickly, these bugs are becoming an eye-sore. o.x

I get the firelog issue as well.

Edited by AstroCat

With one of the packs (I think #2) I get the log texture mix up, and the other one (pack #1) makes a bunch of armor blue/purple, this pack also causes Skyrim to crash after a few minutes of playing. This was with no other texture mod installed. Was really looking forward to this too =/

Just be aware this pack uses ESP to activate the BSAs and conflicts with all texture mods already existent, starting from body and face to everything else which affects vanilla assets.

Too much for the Click and play promised by Steam Workshop from the first mod coming from them. To solve the problem insert the two BSAs into Skyrim.ini and Skyrim_default.ini (found inside the main Skyrim folder, this will grant the Skyrim.ini file being correctly rebuilt if needed later).

the changes are so that the specific section becomes like

[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

Notice the two BSAs from the pack there... afterward Disable the two ESPs.